DDR 333 or DDR 400 ?

nforce2 boards have 3 slots... 1 and 2 are close together and 3 is seperated a little bit. dual-ddr is supposed to work with one stick in either slot 1 or 2, and the other in 3.

like i said, i don't know if they have to be the same size or if there can be sticks in all three slots.

You can run sticks in all three slots, although you'll only see the increased twin bank performance in slots 2 & 3 on the A7N8X.

Of course, if you're just jamming all three slots with 512 sticks then you're going to see better system performance regardless of dual bank :p

Originally posted by deadzombie
Of course, if you're just jamming all three slots with 512 sticks then you're going to see better system performance regardless of dual bank :p
not really. i'd rather have 1gb of pc5300 then 1.5gb of pc2700. but that's just me. :rolleyes:

whatcha doing with 1GB of RAM ? :p

i think 512 is pretty decent enuf to do some work around.

you would think, but what i do demands alot more then 512, I have 768, but I'm probably going to get another 2 sticks of 512 and get rid of my other stick 256... 1.5 gb of memory should be decent:)

Originally posted by Nismo83
whatcha doing with 1GB of RAM ? :p

i think 512 is pretty decent enuf to do some work around.

it is if ur not rippin dvds and playing online at same time

Originally posted by taurus
not really. i'd rather have 1gb of pc5300 then 1.5gb of pc2700. but that's just me. :rolleyes:

Well in that scenario, sure. I was comparing an increased quantity of memory in opposition to the benefits of nForce2 twin bank performance.

Especially in memory intensive apps such as CAD, Photoshop or Illustrator.

Of course Quad band memory running 4.2GB/sec bandwidth is going to kick super a$$!!!

What boards support pc5300 without having latency issues?

Originally posted by deadzombie
What boards support pc5300 without having latency issues?
"pc5300" is just my way of saying dual-ddr with pc2700. "pc6400" (dual pc3200) is possible, but low-latency "pc5300" is a better option since pc3200 sticks don't come in low-latency forms.

I thought you were talking about actual Quad band pc4200, pc5300 & pc6400 memory - which I don't have experience with, but I do know that AMD boards have latency issues when memory speeds are faster than the assigned bus.

For example, you will see a slight hit in benchmarks using DDR400 on a DDR333 memory bus. I was expecting to see the same for quad band pc5300...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back