• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DCOM Error

vacantmind

OSNN Junior Addict
So I chose here because it's pretty much about windows. I'm going to copy and paste what I posted at another site.

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

Type: Error
Source: DCOM
EventID: 10005

I get that A LOT. The majority of my errors are from this and I want to know what it is and how to fix it. I looked ALL over hte place, microsoft seemed to think it had something to do with IIS but I don't have that installed. I tried translated sites from google, russian to english, and all I got out of it was that I think he did a windows restore.

I have all my patches right now, Windows XP SP1. I'm not running too many applications, just AIM and Opera pretty much, I have my antivirus (AVG) disabled right now and my firewall (kerio).

Even as I type this more errors have popped up on the event viewer.

Someone pleaseee help

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Go to start...run... services.msc

Is the DCOM service in there disabled?
I have mine set at automatic, which is how is comes basically.

vacantmind

OSNN Junior Addict
Weird.. I only got 4 things that begin with D..

DHCP client..
Distributed Link Tracking CLient
Distributed Transaction Coordinator
DNS client

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Dont worry about DCOM errors, they are benign and DCOM is a security threat which should be disabled.

The service you are looking for is COM+, which should be disabled. Take a looksee here http://grc.com/dcom/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix