• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DCOM error constant in winXP Home?

P

picachuX

I have a fresh install abou 2 weeks old and when i check Administrative Tools > Event Viewer> System i see this error occur several times a day and shows up just before a lock up?

Error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date: 2/20/2002
Time: 7:56:40 PM
User: WINBLOWS\Windows
Computer: WINBLOWS
Description:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service ImapiService with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server:
{520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks for any help ;)

P

picachuX

I dont know what IIS is so i assume i dont have it installed. I have disabled the IMAPI CD Burning. I was told it cause conflicts with programs like Nero, CDRwin, DiscJuggler! So if i set it back to manual it should eliminate the DCOM error, correct?

don't bother with the Dcom error unless it is causing a problem. Windows administrative tools are jus that...for administrators who need to know exactly what is going on in case of a problem. and windows doesn't like people changing things.

I have quiet a few errors in my event log ranging from dcom, to the fact that I have volume shadow copy disabled and various other services disabled or changed. It does not effect my performance or atartup or uptime one bit.

My recommendation is unless you are having a problem...don't bother to fix the error

P

picachuX

Thanks for the help, guess leave well enough alone applies here. I had my XP Home up to 1 week up before i need a reboot so i guess im fine. Just makin sure i can solve or atleast figure out all these weird things in XP. :) Thanks Guys....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis