Dave Matthews Band

Hey brad, what's up?

Miss the ole screenname.

I had an accident with my AIM buddy list. IM me again sometime or drop me an email.

Well, since this thread has been started, I suppose I can add some content to it...

• Dave Matthews had his first solo album released this past year.
  • Brad, the guy who started this thread and used to have the username "xxbigeyedfishxx," got his old name from a DMB song that first showed up on "The Lillywhite Sessions."
  • "The Lillywhite Sessions" is an "album" of unfinished studio recordings that was temporarily scrapped. The "album" was leaked onto the internet song-by-song at a site called Minarets.net. The original format of the leaked songs was SHN (Shorten).
  • Minarets.net no longer exists, but not for the above reason.
  • I'm not sure why Brad added "xx" to the beginning and end of his old username.
  • The song "Big Eyed Fish" later showed up on "Busted Stuff," a DMB album with most of the songs from "The Lillywhite Sessions" re-worked.

:)

I've got nothing but good things to say about them! :D

If you like a band that can jam then give 'em a listen :)

I would also like to add ... as w/ any bad worth anything the live stuff is usally ALOT better (well to me) then the studio stuff.

Xie said:
I would also like to add ... as w/ any bad worth anything the live stuff is usally ALOT better (well to me) then the studio stuff.

I agree. And there are plenty of live albums available. Live at Central Park just came out recently... it's a 3-disc set of DMB performing in front of 100,000 in New York. It's my favorite live album so far.

They are a band that allows taping @ shows so you can get most any show (they ask you to not trade the shows that become "live" cds) that you would like. I have a pretty good collection :)

Xie said:
They are a band that allows taping @ shows so you can get most any show (they ask you to not trade the shows that become "live" cds) that you would like. I have a pretty good collection :)

I've got about a 100-disc spindle full of live shows. Do you get your shows in SHN or another lossless format? I try to get SHN shows when they are available. It's pretty amazing that some people are so dedicated to take $1000+ equipment to the shows to tape them. It's great for us though! :)

All my shows are in SHN ... great DC hub if you didn't know here. Also Further is a great place to get legal, yep legal ONLY, tunes/bootlegs.

furthur has too many mis labeled shows. i download from www.antsmarching.org . their 2003 server is down right now, but they offer pretty good speeds and the forum is a good place too. I am Brad on there as well.

holy ****ing **** DMB playing "Jimi Thing" in NYC Central Park :) Sorry, just every time I listen to this jam its just as amazing as listening to it the 1st time live ... well live in the sense I listened to the live broadcast from the show. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back