Dataplay

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political Access
I just don't get this product, 500mb is pants, just put mp3s on a CD. it says "works in all device types" does this mean it can store 5 albums on the disk which then plays on any CD player? if not whats the point? get an MP3 player! (you can get ones that store data as well)
MD was supposed to be a replacement to CD and look at that, got nowhere did it. Blank CD's cost about 50p each for 650mb not 12usd for 500mb.

This whole article just seems total giberish, or have I missed something?

Originally posted by Khayman

This whole article just seems total giberish, or have I missed something?

No, I don't think you missed anything. I agree.

Hehheee

if you read it and look at the pretty picture , you will see the dataplay disks are the size of a coin.

Now you just have to imagine - carrying three of these coins around in your pocket = 33 hours of MP3s or 15 CD-quality albums.

So when the new player comes out, it will be the size of a pack of cigarettes or smaller with 500MB of music on it :)

Not like the standard MP3 of 128MB, carrying a dataplay disk is a lot easier than a CD-r :p

:rolleyes: :cool:

128 mb? you living in the past? i've got one that stores 6Gb, had it for a while, sure it costs alittle bit more than most (although it cost less now then when i bought it) but its easier than carring disks around, of any size

Well i see cds (and any revolving media), as a necessary evil, and only tolerate them as they have a relatively cheap storage/cost ratio......

But how people can even think of bringing out yet more disk formats is beyond me .....I dont even care if they are the size of pistachio nuts!

Bring on solid state at cheap rate.........

Well im still waiting.................

8 track is back it is the compression technology used on MiniDiscs, which is why they didnt take off, as they had no other use apart from music. At leasr cassette tapes tecnology could be used for data backup. The miniDisc holds less information (lower Quality) than a CD, its just that you cant here it.
The Future is new codecs like MP3PRO, where mp3 files will be half the size, the Creative Nomad and Jukebox range will hopefully support it eventually, though creative are talking of making users pay for it, like we didnt pay enough to get the dam player in the first place.

Originally posted by gtgarside
8 track is back it is the compression technology used on MiniDiscs, which is why they didnt take off

Hehe, that one cracked me up! :D I think you mean ATRAC compression. An 8 track is a type of media used before cassette tapes came out.

yeah sorry, I wasnt around for all that ATRAC nonsense, so I got confused when the guy above me called it 8 track, thought it didnt look right though.

Originally posted by gtgarside
yeah sorry, I wasnt around for all that ATRAC nonsense, so I got confused when the guy above me called it 8 track, thought it didnt look right though.

Man, you are making me feel OLD !!! :eek:

Sorry again, I will say no more
Although I am living in the time of ATRAC as it is used on MiniDiscs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back