Data Recovery Software

L

Luna64

Where might I be able to find some software that will let me restore some files that were left on a HD ?

The data itslef is still on the drive, no changes to it, nothing written on top of it. But when I was messing around with another HD, my windows drive somehow got messed up.

I can't boot from it, and I don't know how to use the recovery option. Not even sure if it's possible.

Anyway, I do remember Symantec having software like this in Norton System Works. It would let you restore deleted files that were still on the drive.

Any Ideas ?

At the moment I am installing XP on a second drive. After this I will install the drive with the files I need and see if there still visable.

This is getting bad.

I look at the drive but it is empty.

I am positive the data is there, but will I be able to get it back ?

Thanks for that link.

I found other software just like that but they wanted me to pay for it.

I am going to scan all the sectors on the drive, and I hope (times 1000) that it can find this stuff.

It's over 6 months worth of work.

I don't really see how but all the data is gone.

It's only about 25% through the scan, but it's found nothing so I don't think it will find anything later on.

Oh well, guess I will just to make it up over time.

have you tried a program like Ontrack Easy Recovery Pro???

another one i have but have never used is Forensic Suite which i hear can even recover stuff after format

I am pretty sure the data is gone.

Not sure what happend. I did a quick format of my storage drive through the Windows XP CD, and the next thing I know my c : drive will not boot.

Good News for me

I ran this program called File Scavenger V2 and it was able to find all the files that were on the drive.

But I don't have the money to pay for it so I can't recover any of these files.

I tried doing scans with other programs but they came up empty.

But if you know of any Free Recovery software plz let me know.

Atleast the data is still there.

Just wanted to say that everything wen't well.

I found this program called File Scavenger.

It found all the files on my Hard Drive, and then restored the files and the folders they were in.

Very nice program.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back