Data recovery, software RAID, striped volume

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
Hi guys,

Yesterday my striped volume failed and I'm having problems recovering the data. I run Win2k3 SBS SP2, with four IDE HD's. One 80Gb HD is basic, devided in three partitions for the OS, user home folders and the swap. The other three disks are Seagetes 320Gb, 1 of them DYNAMIC GPT partition and the last two dynamic striped partition. It's the last two that have failed.

In device manager the disk set showed up as 2 x dynamic drive FOREIGN and 2 x dynamic drive MISSING. When trying to import the FOREIGN volume nothing was happening, and two event were logged in Event Viewer:

1. Unspecified error occurred
2. The disk has no valid configuration copies

When trying to bring the MISSING disk online I was getting the windows hourglass briefly and nothing happened. No events were logged.

The striped volume set contains alomost 500Gb of data which I would have to recover. I have no idea how to proceed. I was screwing around and accidently changed the disk type to BASIC on one of the disks from the striped set. Then I completely lost my temper (was skrewing around for 4 hours) and converted the disk back to dynamic, deleted the MISSING disks, and re-created the striped RAID array, without formatting the disks. The disks has not been formatted though, so I think the data should still be there. The second disk is still ok, no config was changed there. Now I have a new striped volume set, with a new drive letter assigned aith inaccessible drive (not formatted). I was wondering if there still was a way to recover the 0.5Tb data residing on that disk?

ANY ideas are more than welcome.

Pls help.

Grtz

Lukas

GetDataBack for NTFS v3.03 - you could give that a go, dont know if it works on raid but cant hurt to try

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back