data recovery software programs

sy64004

OSNN Addict
Can any body help. I bought a new HD, formated it and copied 16 gig of stuff to it. I then put the HD in a different system as the primarary HD and installed XP, during the install I was told that I would have to delete the partition and start again I did this and so the 16 gig of stuff has gone.

I've tried Getdataback for NTFS and it hasn't found anything. Can anyone PLEASE help me out?

There are data recovery tools available. They run $50-100 and there is no guarantee they will work. I don't have the name of the one that came up as best last time this issue came up on this computer. I'll post again when I get home.

In the mean time run "data recovery" on google to find some of the programs.

Getdataback is one of the best ones, so if it didnt find anything,
eighter you dont know how to use it(?), or the most probably
you overwrighted the data with no chance of recovering.
GoodLuck.

joko_xp said:
Getdataback is one of the best ones, so if it didnt find anything,
eighter you dont know how to use it(?), or the most probably
you overwrighted the data with no chance of recovering.
GoodLuck.

in the lost files folder I have a lot of BMP files that are 1 gig and more. Is there any way of looking into these files to see if it is my data and extracting it from the BMP files??

I've found the create image file but I don't have 16 gig spare on a different drive and I'm nort sure if this would help anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

from the getdataback site they have disk explorer and some other tools to let you look at data on the disk.

Check the FAQ for getdataback. They have instructions for what to do if the first attempt doesn't work.

EasyRecovery
File Scavenger

Are other options

1gb bmp's = use a spare drive, but this sounds like the data is realy ...
extracting it from bmp - no chance.
which gdb ver. are you using? (try the latest).
what kind of data are we talking about?

maybe winzip (older versions?) had an option of saving the bmp code as an archive.

The data is a mixture of exe, avi, jpeg, zip, etc.

I have installed GDB on my old system disk (20gb with abut 15% free) and I scanned my new drive (160gig) and this is when I got the big bmp files.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back