Data CDS For Car CD Player?

A

AaronMcarthur

I know this probably isn't the correct section to post this thread but I figured most people here would know what I'm talking about. I'm wanting to know if I can burn a "data cd" with audio files on it, the maximum would be up til' 700MB. Once I burn the cd, I want to know is there a "car cd player" that plays data cds, i guess you would call it an MP3 player? i need a little help here, my knowledge with mp3 players aren't to good.

Thanks...

As long as the player says it plays MP3 file format, go ahead and burn mp3 CDR's. Make sure you don't put them into folders on the CDR, but directly onto the CDR. I know some who have done that, put MP3's into folders then burn them onto CDR's. That was kinda funny actually.

Heeter

Yes, you have to buy an mp3 cd player for your car. These will play normal cd's and mp3 cd's me thinks.

Sony sells a CAR Audio system with CD changer which will play MP3z

The few MP3 CD players I've messed with DO support Subdirectories.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Hmmm... In that case I think you might want to check the new Sony Xplod series... a collaboration with Crutchfield... WOW. You can connect a 6 CD changer that will read mp3 cds. They even have a model that will connect to a HDD and even take your Sony Memory stick! OMG! Yes, we are talking car audio here!

And if you want a tip... look for a MP3 reciever that will allow connection to a HDD - forget CDs. There's very nice cheap B-brands that sell nice sollutions with removable hard drives you can hook up to your computer when you get home to add or remove songs.

A collegue of mine has a Car Stereo that runs on Linux! It connects to a HDD. Awesome. If you're interested I'll ask him for a link.

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

I've got a jvc mp3 cd deck... model sx980 or something like that (just a cheap one)... and it uses folders like albums... you put mp3's into folders and the deck can treat them like seperate cd's (eg. random within the folder, repeat just the folder).

check out pioneers website they have a stereo with a hard disk in the head unit ( i had that same idea) pretty big storage and big price too 1000 USD oww that hurts my wallet

as of now i think they have 50 gig hard drives for cars and if you want you can get a little monitor and play downloaded movies too

here is a picture of one of the dvd,mp3,cd-rw players with hard drive and monitor.

Yeah man, thanks.

Post any links if you guys have any of these mp3/cd players.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back