dat files in Kazaa???

W

WARPIG

After downloading many avi amd mpeg files in Kazaa I went to the c:\Program Files\Kazaa\Shared folder ,and noticed that along with all the downloaded files I had many .dat files. I figured that I could free up some hard drive space so I tried to delete them but could not, it said "cannot delete download it is being used by another person or program". What are the data fils and are they improtant? Can I delete them.

Athlon XP 1700+
Vantec CCK 6027D
Samgung DDR PC3000 (256)
Gigabyte GA-7VRXP v1.1
Maxtor 40G & Maxtor 80G 7200s
Enermax EG465P-VE
LITE- ON CD-RW LTR 48/12/48
Gainward GForce 3 TI200
Twin Turbo Cooler 76 CFM
Samsung SyncMaster 900 IFT 19"
Hercules Game Theater XP
Windows XP Home Ed

it's only temporary files of current downloads. When your download is finished, kazaa convert the .dat file to the file you've downloaded. So if you absolutely want to delete them, cancel your download in the Transfer tab in Kazaa.

some people change the extension of movies to DAT
it's a good thing to check if it's the movie/ song/ applz you want..change the extension..or try open it with media player.

kazaa files have very unusual names. so files named like kazaa023805983620387.dat are very hard to confuse with a song/app/movie name :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back