Darwin 6.0.2 x86-compatible

chastity

Staff member
Political Access
Well I couldn't seem to find any threads related an x86 version of an Apple OS so I'll post it here. Darwin is an Apple project that from what I've heard as closely followed every version of Mac Os's and I know I made a comment on here somewhere about it. But I that I would go ahead and post some info I found. I have also find a download link for the OS.

Info bout the Darwin project

worship.gif

now if we can just get MS to follow suit. lol

Thats true but most folks aren't even goin to notice that there is a another OS besides Windows on planet as M$ as done a good job of crushing it if you will and also most of the other OS aren't is simple to use as Windows with the Mac Os's in a tie or a very close second to Windows. Nice I post something I thought people would like and in almost a 24 hour time period only one reply but at least somebody replied and I don't really mind the fact nobody else repied just something I noticed while typing my reply

most folks aren't even goin to notice that there is a another OS besides Windows
I Blame schools and retailers for that, most people will use a computer at school (more so now days) and most will of course be loaded with windows.
Then as school progresses some people will buy their first computer (if the household doesn't already have/require one) and of course it'll be loaded with windows, people just settle with whatever is put in front of them.
It's only ever curious people that find out about linux, unix, bsd etc, as they want to know what else is out there and wish to experiment.

i'd have to agree with speedy_b. steve jobbs has the right idea though with the unix backend. i think we'll see some great stuff out of apple!

Well in someways Steve Jobs is the reason for 90%+ or the world using a version of Windows. Of course so is IBM. I think you would agree that what Bill Gates did as far as licensing IBM the Os was a good move as far a business goes but then again that puts back to where we're at, only computer freaks and as SPeedY_B said folks who like to experiment. A little bit of a side when I was in first grade my school had Apple IIe so I've used a Apple/Mac system but as time went I got moved over to windows and sort never went back. Apple was not real smart when they wouldn't allow other companies to build their systems. Also I believe the largest supplier of programs for a Mac is M$

true.

I think bill gates stepping out of the major seat in ms was a mistake. not that i think that balmer (or however you spell his name) cant cut it but bill's better at those kind of business stratagies you talked about.

Ok so Just one comment to add to this or question i guess
I thought you needed a mac to use OSX and macOS and all that stuff? I was raised on MICRO$oft but i do hate itSo :) But i dislike MandrakeLinux more so im back to M$. Some please correct me if im wrong.

This is not Mac OS X or any Mac OS really.
It's Darwin, which is the UNIX back-end of Mac OS X.

Posted by NetRyder
This is not Mac OS X or any Mac OS really.
It's Darwin, which is the UNIX back-end of Mac OS X.

True but I temember seeing or hearing that the project like Darwin has followed the development of every version of the Mac Os? can anybody shed some light on that? Also as anybody used this Darwin/Unix Os? If so what are your thoughts about it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back