Daredevil - a waste of a character

Sazar

Rest In Peace
this movie could have been so much better but there are plot holes all over the place and the character development stinks...

I hope these are not the type of scripts that marvel is going to be bringing to life becase frankly this movie was the pits.. the extra budget money given due to the succes of spider-man was wasted on gimmicky special effects/not on plot development...

watch it @ your own risk...

btw I enjoyed colin farrel's character... bullseye... and ben aflecks 'buddy'

I've heard nothing but negative responses so far ... it's good I didn't go watch it yesterday.

Damn, I thought this movie would be good.

Lets wait and see till I actually watch it.

Man growing up, I was a huge Marvel Comics fan, loved Daredevil Comics, what they did to this movie makes me just want to cry.

This is by far the worst movie I have seen in quite some time, don't waste your money going to see it, don't waste your money even renting it when it comes out on dvd, shoot I wouldn't even recommend viewing it on Network TV in 3 years.

Total bomb

cool.gif

Originally posted by Iceman
Man growing up, I was a huge Marvel Comics fan, loved Daredevil Comics, what they did to this movie makes me just want to cry.

This is by far the worst movie I have seen in quite some time, don't waste your money going to see it, don't waste your money even renting it when it comes out on dvd, shoot I wouldn't even recommend viewing it on Network TV in 3 years.

Total bomb

cool.gif

my thoughts exactly...

spiderman was a good marvel adaption as was x-men and I must say from first views of the promo's... x-men 2 is shaping up to be an enjoyable ride.. I am also happy that like the matrix there were plans for 3 movies before the completion of the first :) hence we can perhaps hope that there will not be a cheesy watered down crappola show like the last 2 batman movies...

I just wonder if there will be a revival of the superman franchise... there are so many rumors... but not enough real info...

btw the hulk as CGi makes me cringe :( are there no more lou fergino types out there ? how bout the big show from WWE ?

First mistake with this movie....BEN AFLECK (@SSLICK)

What a horrible wanna be actor. He almost ruined one of my all time favs, Dogma. Of all the people in Hollywood why the hell would you cast this j@ck@ass as a superhero?? I can't picture this guy saving himself from a paper bag, much less saving damsels in distress and whatnot....

Second mistake with this movie...BEN AFLECK

Thisrd mistake....well you get the point

Well i have to disagree. I thought it was very good and I was throughly entertained

Originally posted by Sazar

I just wonder if there will be a revival of the superman franchise... there are so many rumors... but not enough real info...

well, after reading jahya's rant about aflack, I gotta tell you a real rant for super herp casting;

believe it or not, nick cakge...aka another a$$lick

actually had the contract to be the next superman.

man o man o man

this guy only gets parts in the first place because of his uncle, and then the whole friggin industry kisses up to whatever movie he's in because of his uncle.

so when I found out he was gonna try to be the man of steele, I went nutzo.

word got back to warner bros that I was pissed, because nick was canned soon as I sent them my opinion.

I think I;m up for the part though:p

Dude, where you been? :) Cage walked out on Superman at least a year ago, plus he had a pay or play deal :)

The new man in the front seat for the new superman is Josh Harnett (but he has to sign for 3 films) - thats right, start crying now

Originally posted by Khayman
Dude, where you been? :) Cage walked out on Superman at least a year ago, plus he had a pay or play deal :)

The new man in the front seat for the new superman is Josh Harnett (but he has to sign for 3 films) - thats right, start crying now

josh hartnett can act... he can portay emotions pretty well...

still not superman material but lets see what happens...

concerning nick cage... not superman material but he can act... he;s been in some good movies.. leaving las vegas was a good one... city of angels and others... he is not a bad actor... one dimensional but not bad...

concerning ben affleck... well the guy can;t portray any physicallity in his role... unlike his good pal matt damon...

Look at what Marvel has done in the past to their characters...

Why even bother changing Dr. Bruce Banner's name to David in the T.V. series ? Not to mention his entire origin. Although the premise was decent.
Does anyone recall the episode with Daredevil? ( wasn't it some singer who wound up in Pirates of Penzance? Rex Smith??)

And that Thor character dummer than a Frost Giant and no longer wearing the godly raiments of Asgard befitting the son of Odin.

I am sure there are more examples these are the ones that stuck with me.
With spider man they stuck pretty much to form and they came out in my opinion, with a winner. I hope they learn something.

What do ya think True Believers?

Grym ( make mine Marvel ) blayd

Originally posted by Khayman
Dude, where you been? :) Cage walked out on Superman at least a year ago, plus he had a pay or play deal

cage was forcd out of the role, and the only would take the deao ws if they paid him anyway

i think the Hulk will be cool. I saw a movie of it, and it looked awesome!! i want it to come out really bad!!! :D :D
he is like 10 feet tall and stuff looks cool

-Bert

Originally posted by UberBert
i think the Hulk will be cool. I saw a movie of it, and it looked awesome!! i want it to come out really bad!!! :D :D
he is like 10 feet tall and stuff looks cool

-Bert

the cgi looks terrible compared with... say... gollum...

Originally posted by Sazar
concerning nick cage... not superman material but he can act... he;s been in some good movies.. leaving las vegas was a good one... city of angels and others... he is not a bad actor... one dimensional but not bad...

I agree with one part of that statement, "one dimensional." Other than that, he is a league with w/ Afleck. What league is that? The league that couldn't act its way out of a paper bag with a pair of really sharp scissors.

The most credit I will give Cage is I did actually like "Bring Out the Dead" or whatever it was called. "City of Angels" Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad! It was on the verge of absolutely Horrible. But I'm not into chick flicks... so my opinion doesn't count on that one. "Gone in 60 Seconds" could have been much much better with someone who I could actually picture as a master car thief... And "Windtalkers" OMFG! I wanted to kill myself for having wasted 2+ hours of my life watching Cage ruin what could have been a decent movie. Of course, in "Windtalkers" it wasn't just Cage that ruined it.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back