Damn viruses...

acetken

"Anything for $50!"
My stupid, stupid roommate downloaded a file off KaZaa and game us both the LoveLetter virus. I reformatted after backing up my MP3's on his hard drive, then he did the same. My problem is that some of them have been somehow transformed into "system files." They're still MP3's, but they're now hidden and system files! How do I take the system file designation off them?

Delete those that have a 'system file' designation, or at least run them throught a good scan. You can right click on the affected files to change their properties.

Right click and select properties, you should be able to set the file attributes from there.

No, it's not that simple. Give me some credit here. The right click menu has hidden checked, but greyed out so I can't use it. When I move it, Windows says "Are you sure you want to move this system file?"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back