Damn Modem (I Think)

Kush

High On Life!
well i got a creative v.92 modem like a week ago, (couple days before going to russia) it was working fine, then my pc started to not post sometimes and then any time it would post it would get a blue stop screen in windows, i took the modem out and when it does post it goes into windows fine, no problems, but sometimes it doesnt even post it doesn't even beep just has the hdd and on leds on and freezes at the post screen. i tried replacing the cmos battery no luck. i will go replace the modem no probs but my pc is still acting up any clue? but

Attachments

• Image(52).jpg
    Image(52).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Image(71).jpg
    Image(71).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 51
This is for that error message when setting up XP. Maybe it might be something similar.

O & get a tripod. I can't make that 2nd attachment out at all. :p

Had this with the same tip>>>

"try disabling the pagefile"

I've lost my trust in modem cards a long time ago - kept getting weird IRQ conflicts - like soundcard in slot 1, modem in slot 2 and it works, then it doesn't work, switch the cards and it works, then later on it doesn't work anymore and I switch them again... ah well, endless cycle - after switching to external modems, no problems at all anymore - since the existing ports already have IRQ's connected to them I bet... I've handed this option to a friend some years ago (although I was shocked to see that the modems in Ohio were twice as expensive as here in Holland) and it solved her problems...

well hipster for the second pic, its just the post frozen at the main part, it says press esc for canceling the memory test, and del to enter bios, just hangs like that, and also u cant press anything u have to restart it a couple of times for it to work

ok sometimes it posts and says unworkable cpu and the cpu speed is down to 1250mhz from 2083 hmm could my cpu have gotten screwed by my modem? btw i have the latest bios for my mobo nf7-s v2.0

ok maybe its time for some reapplicating of arctic silver? cuz its been over a year since i last applied it, but the temps are kinda decent (well around 40c) hopefully my cpu isnt damaged

got some arctic silver 5 seems to have fixed it yay! well lets see what happens when i stick the modem back in:S

You didn't mention you were overclocking. That will give you the problem till you back it off a bit at a time.

im not, i have the 2800+ which is 2083mhz, but it just knocked the cpu speed down to 1250 for no apparent reason, after i applied the arctic silver 5 stopped doing it, so i guess im fine. thanks for your help

themafia.69 said:
im not, i have the 2800+ which is 2083mhz, but it just knocked the cpu speed down to 1250 for no apparent reason, after i applied the arctic silver 5 stopped doing it, so i guess im fine. thanks for your help
might be cool'n'quiet if you do have it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back