Damn Comcast Part 2

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
:laugh:

So yeah I haven't gotten anything to work yet. I did do what ummmm whats his face told me to do with unpluging and then restarting the computer then plugging the modem back in. That worked sorta...like the online light would flash now but I would have an IP and everythng except a dns.

But...when I came home after school it ended up going back to its old self.

Moo: Did you ever send me a PM back after I sent you that PM? Since the site got all messed up I don't know if you sent one or not.

Thanks for the help guys...any other ideas? I hope to get it fixed tonight so I can tell comcast I don't need a guy to come out.

Gonna try my buddys modem...maybe its something with my computer thats stopping it somehow?

Update: Well I am on my buddy's modem at my house.

So this pretty much tells me that my modem is crap doesn't it?

Last edited:
Is the modem MAC registered with Comcast?

If not all the lights on modem will light up but you will not get an IP address.

American Zombie said:
Is the modem MAC registered with Comcast?

If not all the lights on modem will light up but you will not get an IP address.

Yeah thats what mine does.

Why would it just randomly stop working though? I had it for like 2 weeks and the 2 days ago it stopped :dead:.

TittleBitties msg me your MAC and i will test it..

How are you gonna test a modem MAC unless you work for Comcast?

Well after I posted that last post I ended up back to where I was with my modem.

So I its gotta be the MAC.

I will PM you in a sec mooo

TittleBitties said:
Yeah thats what mine does.

Why would it just randomly stop working though? I had it for like 2 weeks and the 2 days ago it stopped :dead:.

Look on the back of the modem where the cables are and you should see a reset pinhole. Use something to push that in until the front lights go out then release and see what happens. This resets the modem to factory defaults.

American Zombie said:
Look on the back of the modem where the cables are and you should see a reset pinhole. Use something to push that in until the front lights go out then release and see what happens. This resets the modem to factory defaults.

I dont have a reset on my modem. My buddy does though :dead:

What modem is it?

Brand Comcast uses most is Motorola and they have a pinhole on the back not a button.

American Zombie said:
What modem is it?

Brand Comcast uses most is Motorola and they have a pinhole on the back not a button.
It is a Motorola and all there it has a standby button and thats it. I already tried looking for the reset unless I am blind.

I will go look again

Edit: No reset on mine.

Its a motorola sb5101 surfboard

Last edited:
On mine the reset is just an unmarked pinhole you can stick something small into it like a toothpick.

Not sure it will help but here is the user guide for that modem.

I know what the pinhole looks like

The guide didn't help :\

This is really pissing me off...grrrr

well.. you are getting a walldgarden config which is blocked.. i will message you some stuff but yea, your modem's mac is blocked by comcast. :p

Gee Tittles, you and I are sort of in the same boat. My internet is down now too.

Yesterday cuz our phone was broken, we didn't have a dial tone and incoming calls got a busy signal. So a tech came today and switched our lines at the main box, well phone works now but the net doesn't!

I called sympatico to find out more, they said to call bell. I called bell, they said to call sympatico, UG :mad:

BUT DO I LOVE STUPID PPL, FREE WIFI to hold me til it's fixed.

So I put the modem back in the basement, I brought it to my room to stare at the sync light waiting for it to stop blinking.

Last edited:
Well the weird thing is it works now?

I took it over to my buddy's house to try it over there but the power cord didn't work. So I talked to everyone over there for awhile and what not. Then came home and plugged it in and bam it works.

Not sure for how long tho since it could just end up like it did with my buddy's modem and how it stopped working after a bit.

Mmm...free wifi :eek:

Says I am fine and dandy :)

Had mom call comcast for me to cancel the tech dude from coming.

The guy on the phone said they would of never thought of the MAC. I was like wow.

I keep telling the dude last night it was there fault but whatever. Wonder why its not blocked anymore though?

Thanks for the help guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back