Dame in distress, w32gaobot!inf

Bre

OSNN Newbie
Please help me! I am not very savey with this stuff but have had to take 2 worms off already....Computer only 2weeks old!!!!
Norton has nothing! (and had to fight to get there)
HELP!!!!! :eek:

Change your AntiVirus, Kaspersky's one is one of the best around, ever ! I've been using it for a few years now, because it proved to see/catch/eradicate much more than one virus Norton couldn't do a thing about it (no see, no catch, no eradicate....)

I agree with wolf. Stay clear of Norton. Try AVG anti-virus by Grisoft if KAV isn't your cup of tea. and remember to update your definitions daily. :D

most people will probably agree to stay away from norton. seems a tad too invasive. I already had a BSOD error message that reffered to a system file for a piece of software on the Norton suite that i wasn't even using. :/ and i also agree with either AVG or Kaspersky

ummmm guys..... She isn't asking for a new AV she’s asking how to clean the virus she currently has. also note that she said she’s not real "savvy" with this kind of stuff so that would eliminate Kaspersky being a file scanner its not all that user friendly. (If I'm wrong sorry)

Ok so on to the problem. First you are going to need to download the security update your can get that HERE then you need to install that update. After you restart your computer go to HERE select your country then when the page loads tick the little box that says auto clean and hit the start button. After its done have it delete the infected files and you should be ok.

Oh Krux you beat me here .. was gonna say thats Sasser you have not this other virus ppl seem to be having AV's show it as. I would check this thread out as it has all the info you could ever need. :) *cough*written by a cow*cough*

-edit- also I would like to state it's nicer to actually help the person instead of just bashing there AV choice. Krux excluded of course. ;)

Xie said:
-edit- also I would like to state it's nicer to actually help the person instead of just bashing there AV choice. Krux excluded of course. ;)
I'm sorry if I started all this, I didn't have the right solution even in the 1st thread about it, but suggesting another AV is still a good offer, not helping 100%, but really not unuseful at least...
Won't do it again, I promise.

Don't forget Windows Update, as well. Security updates are big... Also, there are a lot of free AVs out there like Avast! and AVG. There are free firewalls to use, too, from Sygate, Kerio, and several others.

Krux nailed down the actual cleaning tools for your virus earlier, though! But computer security is a must these days.

Xie said:
Oh Krux you beat me here .. was gonna say thats Sasser you have not this other virus ppl seem to be having AV's show it as. I would check this thread out as it has all the info you could ever need. :) *cough*written by a cow*cough*

;) :D

Howling Wolf said:
I'm sorry if I started all this, I didn't have the right solution even in the 1st thread about it, but suggesting another AV is still a good offer, not helping 100%, but really not unuseful at least...
Won't do it again, I promise.
You are forgiven :D

Also I can't see how w/ the new v5 of winupdate (unless its just annoying because of beta?) that you could not update when there are patches available. The stupid thing will popup like every 5mins if you don't!

Thank you guys all so much! I am going to try all this out. I thought that norton was the best antivirus there is. (or at least one of the most advertised!) um problem.....running xp this calls for as far as I can tell something different. (nt) again not very knowlegable on this stuff. Before this was running a piece of junk I didn't care about! Also, how did I manage to get this? Had the Sasser and blaster earlier in the week. Norton was good on giving me the tools to get rid of that stuff. Am not visiting anything risky.

there worms that sniff out random ip numbers that dont have certain windows updates then infect the unprotected systems. Which is what yours is.

Sasser a came up but not the other. BUT IT WORKED!!!! :) :) :) :)
Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!

Bre said:

they'll be glad to have helped you - now you'll have to give them all rep. points :p

Don't be a stranger :)

Bre said:

No problem Bre, dont be a stranger :)

yeh.... what they said. :/ woulda kinda felt weird to be the third person in a row to say "don't be a stranger". too dejavu/cliche-ish

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back