Dam anti virus

N

noah472

O.K. O.K. so i suppose this is slightly my fault (well entirely but not to worry) but i installed panda anti virus last night onto my win XP install, great i thought it looks nice lets try a restart and see how it performs (i have changed from AVG as it takes ages to load once windows has loaded and slows the system down whilst doing so) ..... low and behold it does exactly the same as the other anti virus. I dont care about this as i have a no. of other anti viruss to try and yes, i am going to try Norton 2002 eventually. Unfortunatley the version of panda that i installed isnt complient with win XP not that i was given any warnings when installing it, this means that when you go to add/remove proggies the uninstall wizard initiates and gets a couple of bars across before coming up wioth a big error stating that you can only install this program in win 9X NT 4.0 etc..... fine but i dont want to fekin install it i want to uninstall it!!!!! if any one has any ideas on how to get rid of this program or to stop it from complaining it would be well helpful! (please do not adv me on what anti virus to use as i read those threads frequently and is not my problem, i would simply like to know how to uninstall the anti virus (what more would a man want?) :D

Cheers Alex, i will give this a go when i get home. Was thinking of using some third party software to remove it but will have a look at what you suggest first, cheers :cool:

Update

I ended up using symantec clean sweep and getting rid of the program that way, it came straight of without too many probs, i then used an reg cleaner and it found a few entries (not as maney as i would have thought though) The system seemed fine, did a couple of reboots to check, so I then installed Norton security 2002 on the computer, on restart it tried to launch the wizard that lets you configure enery thing ( Nortons wizard) and hung, it sat there blinking at me for about 5 minutes before i cold rebooted and tried again, alas the same problem so tried to change the startup programs using safe mode (as the system locks almost straight after boot up in normal mode) windows now complains at the fact that i have dared to suggest a different list of things to boot on startup and threatens to carry on displaying the message if i dont revert back to its choice! The system at least boots now and loads but it grinds away and takes an age to do anything at all, so tonight is bon voyage to this install and time for a new one with Norton 2002 installed fresh first of all to check that all is o.k. ..... one day the holy grail of AV's will be mine! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back