Dallas Mavs -- one of the worst collapses in NBA history

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I enjoyed the amazing 67-game record that the Mavs had in the regular season -- it tied the 6th best record in NBA history and they could have won more than that had they played starters in the last few games. So of course I expected the Mavs to return to the NBA Finals to finish what they should have finished last year, and that's what I've really been waiting for all season.

Well, after tonight, the Mavs don't get to play another playoff game -- ousted in the first round by an amazingly hot Golden State team. Congrats to the Warriors on their ridiculous performance throughout the series. I'm sick that the Mavs are out, but I'll be rooting for the Warriors now. They just picked the perfect time to be hot, and the Mavs... I have no idea but it really doesn't matter now. :(

GS has owned Dallas over the last 2 seasons so I can't say that Dallas collapsed. They just met a team they were ill-equipped to deal with I feel.

GS has owned Dallas over the last 2 seasons so I can't say that Dallas collapsed. They just met a team they were ill-equipped to deal with I feel.

Yeah, I actually didn't want to GS to make the playoffs because I knew they'd be an 8-seed and I didn't want to play them. But the playoffs is wholly different from the regular season, and Dallas should have taken control of the series like a conference champ and near league champ. GS matched up very well with Dallas and I'm interested to see how they play against their next round opponent.

Poor Dirk =\

Yeah, I feel really bad for him because he's the kind of player that you want to see succeed. He's not arrogant, he's a hard worker and a team player. He's performed well under pressure in the past, but that wasn't the case in this playoffs series. I hope it makes him stronger for next year.

Dallas is a great team, look out for them next year, need some tweaking but not much. Dirk will be back, I believe stackhouse needs to go. He seems to play well but everywhere he goes the team collapses . my 2 cents,

BTw Pistons FTW next round.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back