DAEMON Tools problem

G

Gouk

I had DAEMON Tools installed and I then upgraded to the latest version 3.44 and now I have 2 virtual drives even though DAEMON says I only have 1 enabled and if I disable all virtual devices in DAEMON, 1 virtual drive still remains.

How do I remove it?

i would uninstall the proggy, then look in device manager for any scsi drivers related to the virtual drives. uninstall and reboot, hopefully they will be gone. if not running msconfig will show you the startup location of daemon.exe, go in regedit and delete it. once its gone reinstall the new version.

yea thats what i had to end up doing:

going into the device manager and removing the scsi drivers.. once i done that.. i installed 3.44 again to get the drive back and hey presto :D

Alex :cool:

Nothing worked.

I ended up with 2 virtual devices but I got rid of one and now when I try to install DAEMON Tools I get the error seen in the attachment...

uninstall everything related to daemon tools
fire up regedit and remove any entries
try reinstalling

maybe stick with the older version for a bit

Had a few probs with the new version. Uninstalled and reinstalled the older one and got back to normal. I suggest waiting till they sort it out..
cheers...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back