Daemon Tools 4.30.4 supports windows 7

saying it has known compatibility issues when i try to install that version here

I ended up replacing Daemon tools on W7 with Virtual CloneDrive and like it better. Free and no reboot required after install. Does the same thing, minus the copy protection emulation.

You most likely don't need it, I have yet to find a game that requires it. By default it's all turned off (more cosmetic than anything).

I had Daemon Tools working in 7068, now with the RC7100, it does not run. Arg.

i had the same problem... try this:

uninstall daemon tools
delete the sptd registry entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd

and then reinstall the app

edit: in order to delete the registry key (its protected), change the "Start" value to 4, log off and back on

i had the same problem... try this:

uninstall daemon tools
delete the sptd registry entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd

and then reinstall the app

edit: in order to delete the registry key (its protected), change the "Start" value to 4, log off and back on

Thanks,

oh how I hate programs that need to restart to finish. lol

hehe yeah, i know the feeling ;D

Download and install
Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b
if you run into some compatability issues trying to run Daemon Tools.

DriverEnforcementSignatureOverrider.jpg

" The Microsoft Corporation did well bringing the 64-bit architecture to the Windows Vista operating system, but somehow they've managed to screw it up. Apparently the Redmond company forgot who their target audience was since they introduced a very restricted module of driver signature enforcement.

In other words, all system files and drivers must be digitally verified or they can't run when using the 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista. In the past it was possible to turn that feature off; but, sadly, due to new kernel security updates it was impossible to turn it off without degrading security and stability of your Microsoft operating system, of course.

Turning this feature off also involves uninstalling critical security updates that Microsoft released to increase the operating system's security. Sadly, this feature makes Windows Vista 64-bit into a closed and locked down operation system.

Usage / Instructions
You're using Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider at your own risk, the producer does not take responsibility for any damages to your computer. Furthermore, User Account Control (UAC) must be disabled in-order to use this tool as well (but you can re-enable it after).

· Inside the application's main menu, press on the "Enable Test Mode" button and follow the instructions on the screen. This action will enable TESTSIGNING mode, which will allow unverified system files to be loaded.
· Now add the unverified signature to the required system files. To do, so just press on the "Sign a System File" button from the program's main window, and enter specific filename including full path. For example: if ATITool64.sys from C:/Windows/System32/drivers refuses to load due to driver signature enforcement, you should type: "C:/Windows/System32/drivers/ATITool64.sys", and if you would like to sign more than a single file, just repeat the above procedure until you're done, and finally restart your computer.
After you enabled Test Mode and added signatures to the required system files, they should bypass Windows Vista's driver signature enforcement and load without any issues. However, if for some reason you're interested to revert it, you can re-launch Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider, and choose "Disable Test Mode" from the software's main window and, of course, reboot. "

Requirements:
User Account Control (UAC) must be disabled

What it does guys is basicly patches the pgfilter.sys in the Daemon Tools directory folder so it can run without conflict.

Last edited:
From the last time I checked, most popular programs, including Daemon Tools work perfectly fine within Windows 7 64 and 32 now. As far as I have tested them. That was the last program to have issues with 7, so I am a happy camper.

Actually, Fallout 3 seems to be the only program and game to complain about 7 lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back