cutting psu wires oooo

B

Brando457

I traveled over to virtual-hideout.net and read a review on one of performance pc's custom psus they did, check a link to one

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_116&products_id=558

they have it so u can have any wires unneeded shortened sitting up clipped to the psu and as u need them detatch them, then plug in a addon wire they give u, i m thinking that all I'd have to do to achieve the same type thing would be to snip the wires say for floppy at the short length id want, then take a end 4 pin molex connector, connect it to the wire then have another 4 pin molex to plug that end into and just heatshrink the wire and sleeve it, I know it'd be a pretty big solder job :) but i m up for a challenge anyone have any ideas if my theory would work. thnx

I think it would be even better if they mounted panel mount connectors onto the PS chassis instead of having those wire "pigtails" sticking out. Then, there wouldn't be any unused wiring sticking out.

Good idea script then they could charge $50 for a set of double ended cables in custom lengths. And any time you reconfigured your computer or bought a new case you could buy a new set of over priced cables too.

Man what a marketing idea!
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by LeeJend
Good idea script then they could charge $50 for a set of double ended cables in custom lengths. And any time you reconfigured your computer or bought a new case you could buy a new set of over priced cables too.

Man what a marketing idea!
:rolleyes:

Well, the current one already has double-ended connectors. There wouldn't be any more or less wire connections than there is now on that PS. I think it would just look cleaner than having the pigtails that's all. No marketing invloved, just going a bit further on the same idea.

Well I actually cut my wires over the weekend and it makes it alot more tidy. Although I did not have time to tackle the motherboard connection.

Sorta off-topic, but not really: There is a connector that looks like it belongs to an old AT style PS. What is that used for? Maybe I'll cut that one off to make more room. As far as I can remember (I'm at work now), it only has 3.3 and ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back