CuteFTP 6.0

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Hey i kinda am havin a problem with CuteFTP 6.0 atleast i think its CuteFTP anyway i am downloading longhorn 4074 from rwsbeta and the head admin dude has a server for all the builds and i got 4074. Well in cuteftp is says my speed is around 15kb but that cant be right since i have dial up and that its not affecting how my web pages load or anything. It says i have 2% done and when i check the file on my desktop it says its 15.2mb which keeps getting bigger as it downloads. So i am not sure if it is really downloading or not. Now when i try FlashFXP it says i cant connect to the server. So does anybody have an idea of whats goin on with CuteFTP?

hmmm...its hard too choose between 15kb and 15kb :p
well its around 13kb now but the highest was 15kb

Notice the "k" ... upper and lower case mean diffent amounts ;)

1) how are you not sure if it's cuteftp or not???
2) If it's downloading and putting crap in the right place, i'd imagine that you're getting it and not to worry.

well...i guess u r right. I unno its just weird on how its downloading so fast and not affecting my web page loading. I hope cuteFT{ resumes :S

It sound like what's happening is that CuteFTP isn't correctly estimating your DL speed on account of what it thinks is the total filesize. It's hard for me to explain at this late hour, but it makes sense and you'll just have to take my word for it. :p

Also, Longhorn will be MUCH more than 15MB... so be aware of that with your dial-up connection.

By the way, you can go to BroadbandReports to get your true download speed.

i know that...but thats what it was when i checked to see how much has been downloaded. Whats where is the speed dropped down to 10kb/s and now my web pages r loading slower which should of been before since i am downloading.

I hope u didnt really think that i thought longhorn was 15mb.

Hehehe... just making sure! ;)

Another way to figure out your DL speed for the FTP transfer is to pay attention to the increase in file size each second. If the size isn't increasing by 10kb+, then you're not really getting that DL speed. :)

Yeah, as long as your file size increases you'll be fine.

4.7KB/sec down is normal for dial-up. I hope that FTP server has resume capabilities.

it does :)...i tried it but i was scared when i did it. 4.7kb is what i usually get when i download stuff. Thanks :)

You moan about downloading 38 megs for .net framework, yet you download software which must be 10X the size and is not past alpha.

WHY?

well...i already started the longhorn download and i want to get it finished not keep makin more things to download.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back