Customize win 98 with XP stuff??

C

chez_the_great

Does any one know if it is possible to whether you can change the windows 98 taskbar with a windows XP desktop theme?? My comp is not strong enough to run XP, but yet i want ot have the cool start bar. Even if someone knows how to customize the win98 bar with something different, i know there is way, but i do not know how to.

Would ya let me know if ya know ya self.

chez_the_great@hotmail.com

thanx

your comp not good enuf to run xp? are u sure? look at my comp specs in my signature and tell me if u meet that...btw, my comp blazes away at games...

Shell Replacement

There is a really nice shell replacement havent found any bugs in it yet and it uses less memory then explorer and has many themes to download..even a theme of XP.
www.astonshell.com

I ran Windows XP Pro on a PII 400MHz, 128 Mb RAM and a Neo-Magic magicgraph 128 (2Mb vid. memory) and that ran ok so if ur computer cant handle xp u should consider replacing it.:D

reply to mt own thread!!

My comp has a 166mhz cpu, 136mg ram, how crap is that. The day i get a decent comp, is the day Bill Gates goes bankrupt!!

lol

I think that has prooven my point a little, but if anybody knows how then let me know.

Ok, that is slow :D

a friend of mine runs windows 2000 pro on a p200 with 64mb RAM and a 2 (possibly 4) mb onboard graphics card and it runs sloooooooow.

upgrading mb, cpu and ram isn't that expensive. and a lot of mb come with half decent onboard G and S cards

Thats pretty good compared to my friends pc. Hes running Windows ME on a Pentium Pro 136MHz, 32Mb RAM and a 2GB Hard Drive. What a lump of sh*t. When he tries to shutdown it says "Not enought Memory to shut down. Please delete some items from the recycle-bin." So he goes to the recycle-bin and tries to delete the small files and gets the message "Not enough memory to delete". LOL what a lump of crap

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back