Customizable Laptop websites?

H

Herkalees

I seem to come across tons of websites offering customizable desktops, but not many for laptops (aside from Gateway, Dell and Alienware)...

I'm looking for advice and/or links to websites that allow you to customize a laptop, then buy it.

Thanks!

That is because most companies (HP, IBM, etc. don't manufacture themselfs, but only buy from a hand full of large suppliers (mainly from Taiwan). Only those companies that assemble the notebooks can offer a customization. You mention Dell, Gateway, etc., why don't you go with them?

I just bought an Alienware laptop. I went to every major site looking for a laptop, and Alienware gave me the most bang for the buck. I assembled a laptop that would run over any HP, Dell, Gateway, etc. laptop for just a little more cash. And the service so far has been great. They called me directly to verify my order and make sure it wasn't a case of fraud. I def. recommend Alienware.

Originally posted by madmatt
I just bought an Alienware laptop. I went to every major site looking for a laptop, and Alienware gave me the most bang for the buck. I assembled a laptop that would run over any HP, Dell, Gateway, etc. laptop for just a little more cash. And the service so far has been great. They called me directly to verify my order and make sure it wasn't a case of fraud. I def. recommend Alienware.

I think it really depends on what you want to do with a laptop. The top end Alienware is not a mobile P4, and if you want to have a mobile office (and not play games too often) then Alienware is not the first choice. Alienware offers a mobile P4 with 2ghz, Dell offers a mobile 2.2 ghz, plus Dell is cheaper...

Thanks gentleman, it looks like I may be going with a "normal" brand...

Thanks again

Quite honestly, if you get a 2.0+ GHz machine, it can do anything you want it to do. Office, media, gaming, design, etc..

But yes, Dell would be cheaper. With Alienware you are going to spend more for the name and the style.

That's my opinion anyway.

Originally posted by madmatt
Quite honestly, if you get a 2.0+ GHz machine, it can do anything you want it to do. Office, media, gaming, design, etc..

But yes, Dell would be cheaper. With Alienware you are going to spend more for the name and the style.

That's my opinion anyway.

Madmatt, 100% agreed. I love those nice looking, green machines, but how do I convince my boss to buy me a green Alien over a dull black Dell? Oh, wait, here he comes ...

Booooosssssss, can I have one of them nice green Aliens, please??? ...............

Good point. That is going to be hard to do. On the other hand, it wasn't that hard to convince myself..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back