Custom Screen Resolutions?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
My GeForce card recently broke (and as I have a new computer on the way, there's no need to buy a new gfx card) So I'm stuck with a 4MB PCI ATI card, which in all fairness, is doing a grand job ;)

My only problem at the moment is the resolutions that it gives me are 800x600 / 1024x768 / 1280x1024 / 1152x864 / 1600x1200
Is there any way that I can get my screen resolution to 1280x960, via registry tweak or seperate app, or anyting at all ? :)

why do u want an off res like that? makes everything elongated.

anyway u need to check if the video card can even run a res like that see if u can find that card on the ati web site they usally list what the card can and can't do. and if it doesn't try changin your monitor drivers to some generic ones and see if the res u want pops up. other then that I don't know about a reg hack or anything like that.

isnt there a tick box for hide resolutions my monitor or graphics card cant display or am I getting this confused with something else.

That's refresh rate Geffy ;)

Krux, 1280x960 is the correct ratio for display resolution. Personally i hate 1280x1024, it seems to be an accepted stadard, but its a horrible ratio.

640x480
800x600
1024x768
1280x960
1600x1200

All have the 4:3 ratio.

I'll have a look around the ATI website and see what i come up with (i think i've looked before..doing it again cant do any harm tho :p ) just fot reference the card comes up with "ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D RAGE PRO PCI" in hardware manager.

Doesnt RefreshForce allow custom resolutions, I think it does, your card may be ok with the refresh rates (as its an old one), but it might be worth checking. ??:)??

Found a link for This looks like alot of hassle to modify the inf to offer a different resolution.

I think this one will do it but you have to do it every reboot.

To Get All Monitor Resolutions

Control Panel\Display\Settings\Advanced\Adapter\List All Modes\640 by 480 @ Refresh.

SPeedY_B, I don't think that Vid Card supports that particular resolution.

It will go as high as 1600x1200, but the color will suck. And that is pushing it... Seriously pushing it.

1024 X 768 is best for that card with 16 bit color... barely. :cool:

Just wait for the new System. :p

1280x1024 is barely noticeable to 960.

Why did they even do that btw?

I used to use 1280x1024... Now i got a 19" @ 1600 =)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
That's refresh rate Geffy ;)

Krux, 1280x960 is the correct ratio for display resolution. Personally i hate 1280x1024, it seems to be an accepted stadard, but its a horrible ratio.

640x480
800x600
1024x768
1280x960
1600x1200

All have the 4:3 ratio.

I'll have a look around the ATI website and see what i come up with (i think i've looked before..doing it again cant do any harm tho :p ) just fot reference the card comes up with "ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D RAGE PRO PCI" in hardware manager.

ah, I should have checked on my own machine before posting, was on one of the uni win2k boxes cant change res on them not as me anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back