Cust. Boot Screen

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Wasn't exactly sure what topic to put this in. Tweaks seemed like the best one.

Is there an easy way to change the boot screen without using a program that hogs tons of resources?

boot into safe mode (so file protection is off) and make a back up of your current one and just replace the file with the one u want. reboot and its changed with out using any 3rd party program.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
Wasn't exactly sure what topic to put this in. Tweaks seemed like the best one.

Is there an easy way to change the boot screen without using a program that hogs tons of resources?
You could overwrite the original file, or manually change it in the boot.ini or you can use LogonUIBootRandomizer. The later automatically changes the boot screen in the boot.ini by adding a line to it, if you want it that way. It does not load at startup unless you want it too. Just set the screen you want, close the program and never open it again unless you want to change the screen again.

First and most important make sure you know how to use the recovery console. If anything goes wrong you will need it. You are not changing a picture but the file that starts Windows.
Also check if you got the right version of ntoskrnl.exe (original XP or Service Pack).

hmm... now that i think about it, ARE there any third party programs that change the boot logo and only the boot logo? if there are, they wouldn't really take up resources cause it's only used for one purpose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back