Current mobo or another [ ? ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
I have some major problems with my mobo : ECS M830 ( SDR+DDR ) . My system continuously crashes when I get more active . I am not able to select AGP 4X from bios cause does not even start and my Leadtek GF4MX 440 works now on AGP2X wich I quess is the reason for crashes ( what do you think ? I've tried also several drivers , currently using Detonator 30.82 ) .

Error detail - driver for Leadtek GF4 MX 440 was unable to complete a drawing operation , please contact manufacturer for driver update .
_______________________ . ___ . ___ .

1'st question : If anyone has this mobo and he is able to select that option ( AGP4X ) even after a BIOS upgrade ( please specify this ) please tell me .

2'ond question : If this mobo simply does not support AGP4X I'm planning for an upgrade and I have two choises in my mind :

Epox 8KTA3+

MSI KT3 Ultra

What's your recommandation ?

Thanks for your help . Will be appreciated :)

Ive hd excactly the same error reported, good news and bad news I think. I think your mobo is fine but your power supply may not be up to the job any more. I have only got a 270 watt power supply with a load of drives and fans running off it + some overclocking. When I upgraded from my gforce 2 to gforce 4 I starded having probs like screen freezes. I set my system back to standard and seems alot better now. From what ive heard they recommend at least a 300 watt power supply for the gforce 4 cards

I've thought at this thing too so I've bought two weeks ago a new case with a 350W PSU but nothing happaned , I expect that the bios setting is the reason .. any other ideeas ?

( The problem appeared exacly when I've changed vidcards - Voodoo3 2000 AGP with this GF4 MX - new fresh XP install after )

These are the best bios settings for the "omega drivers" for nvidia cards suppose the same settings work for the detonators-

Fast Gate A20 Option : ENABLED
Video BIOS shadowing : DISABLED
Video BIOS cacheable : DISABLED
xxxxx - xxxxx Shadow : ALL DISABLED
IDE prefetch mode : ENABLED
Init Display First : AGP or PCI (SELECT YOUR CARD TYPE)
IDE HDD Block Mode : ENABLED
IDE 32-bit transfer mode : ENABLED
Assign IRQ for USB : DISABLED (UNLESS YOU USE USB DEVICES)
Assign IRQ for VGA : ENABLED
PCI/VGA palette snoop : DISABLED
PNP OS Installed : ENABLED (UNLESS YOU WANT TO MANUALLY ASSIGN IRQ's)
Resource Controlled By : AUTO (UNLESS YOU WANT TO MANUALLY ASSIGN IRQs AND DMAs)
AGP aperture size : 128
AGP master 1 WS write : ENABLED***
AGP master 1 WS read : ENABLED***
Bank 0/1, 2/3 DRAM timing : TURBO***
CPU to PCI write buffer : ENABLED
Delayed Transaction : ENABLED
DRAM speculative leadoff : ENABLED***
DRAM Data Integrity Mode : NON-ECC (UNLESS YOU HAVE ECC MEMORY)
Delay DRAM read latch : (THE LOWER, THE FASTER)***
Fast writes : DISABLED
Memory parity/ECC check : DISABLED***
Passive Release : ENABLED
PCI Concurrency : ENABLED
PCI master 0 WS write : ENABLED***
RAS active time : (THE HIGHER, THE FASTER)***
RAS to CAS delay : (THE LOWER, THE FASTER)**
Read around write : ENABLED
SDRAM Bank Interleave : 4-bank/way
SDRAM CAS Latency Time : 2**
SDRAM cycle length : 2**
SDRAM Precharge control : ENABLED
Spread spectrum (modulation): DISABLED
System BIOS cacheable : DISABLED
Video RAM cacheable : DISABLED
8 bit I/O Recovery Time : 1
16 bit I/O Recovery Time : 1
Turbo frequency : ENABLED

** = ONLY IF YOUR MEMORY SUPPORT IT, OTHERWISE USE THE NEXT
HIGHER VALUE

*** = WILL IMPROVE SPEED BUT DECREASES STABILITY, IF YOU HAVE
PROBLEMS CHANGE IT

go with the msi

used that board b4 with no problems

Soyo DRAGON ultra platinum edition KT333 chipset.... silver pcb .... YUMMMMMM i got it works like a charm, not to mention looks kick ass with a blue neon and a window :p

if u cant upgrade to somthing that expensive, check out the Dragon Lite it is only $69 i believe.

But keep me with any other news/ideeas until I'll get the new one .. ;)

Originally posted by shoulin
Soyo DRAGON ultra platinum edition KT333 chipset.... silver pcb .... YUMMMMMM i got it works like a charm, not to mention looks kick ass with a blue neon and a window :p

if u cant upgrade to somthing that expensive, check out the Dragon Lite it is only $69 i believe.

good choice:)

EWWW...NOOOO
my friend had a soyo and it had shitty wiring and zapped 7 volts thru itself and his cpu.....

lol.....no....soyo is gay

and, if ECS is on ur no list now,
may i suggest epox(the 1 oin ur list is good... but the 8kha is cheaper and awesome at that)

or if u got mad $$$ get the new gigabyte kt400 board!!!!(not a misprint)

gigabyte.ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

went thru two boards with no boot up...faulty.ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

gigacrap...lol:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back