• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Current mobo or another [ ? ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
I have some major problems with my mobo : ECS M830 ( SDR+DDR ) . My system continuously crashes when I get more active . I am not able to select AGP 4X from bios cause does not even start and my Leadtek GF4MX 440 works now on AGP2X wich I quess is the reason for crashes ( what do you think ? I've tried also several drivers , currently using Detonator 30.82 ) .

Error detail - driver for Leadtek GF4 MX 440 was unable to complete a drawing operation , please contact manufacturer for driver update .
_______________________ . ___ . ___ .

1'st question : If anyone has this mobo and he is able to select that option ( AGP4X ) even after a BIOS upgrade ( please specify this ) please tell me .

2'ond question : If this mobo simply does not support AGP4X I'm planning for an upgrade and I have two choises in my mind :

Epox 8KTA3+

MSI KT3 Ultra

What's your recommandation ?

Thanks for your help . Will be appreciated :)

M

Mr Dead

Ive hd excactly the same error reported, good news and bad news I think. I think your mobo is fine but your power supply may not be up to the job any more. I have only got a 270 watt power supply with a load of drives and fans running off it + some overclocking. When I upgraded from my gforce 2 to gforce 4 I starded having probs like screen freezes. I set my system back to standard and seems alot better now. From what ive heard they recommend at least a 300 watt power supply for the gforce 4 cards

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
I've thought at this thing too so I've bought two weeks ago a new case with a 350W PSU but nothing happaned , I expect that the bios setting is the reason .. any other ideeas ?

( The problem appeared exacly when I've changed vidcards - Voodoo3 2000 AGP with this GF4 MX - new fresh XP install after )

M

Mr Dead

These are the best bios settings for the "omega drivers" for nvidia cards suppose the same settings work for the detonators-

Fast Gate A20 Option : ENABLED
Video BIOS shadowing : DISABLED
Video BIOS cacheable : DISABLED
xxxxx - xxxxx Shadow : ALL DISABLED
IDE prefetch mode : ENABLED
Init Display First : AGP or PCI (SELECT YOUR CARD TYPE)
IDE HDD Block Mode : ENABLED
IDE 32-bit transfer mode : ENABLED
Assign IRQ for USB : DISABLED (UNLESS YOU USE USB DEVICES)
Assign IRQ for VGA : ENABLED
PCI/VGA palette snoop : DISABLED
PNP OS Installed : ENABLED (UNLESS YOU WANT TO MANUALLY ASSIGN IRQ's)
Resource Controlled By : AUTO (UNLESS YOU WANT TO MANUALLY ASSIGN IRQs AND DMAs)
AGP aperture size : 128
AGP master 1 WS write : ENABLED***
AGP master 1 WS read : ENABLED***
Bank 0/1, 2/3 DRAM timing : TURBO***
CPU to PCI write buffer : ENABLED
Delayed Transaction : ENABLED
DRAM speculative leadoff : ENABLED***
DRAM Data Integrity Mode : NON-ECC (UNLESS YOU HAVE ECC MEMORY)
Delay DRAM read latch : (THE LOWER, THE FASTER)***
Fast writes : DISABLED
Memory parity/ECC check : DISABLED***
Passive Release : ENABLED
PCI Concurrency : ENABLED
PCI master 0 WS write : ENABLED***
RAS active time : (THE HIGHER, THE FASTER)***
RAS to CAS delay : (THE LOWER, THE FASTER)**
Read around write : ENABLED
SDRAM Bank Interleave : 4-bank/way
SDRAM CAS Latency Time : 2**
SDRAM cycle length : 2**
SDRAM Precharge control : ENABLED
Spread spectrum (modulation): DISABLED
System BIOS cacheable : DISABLED
Video RAM cacheable : DISABLED
8 bit I/O Recovery Time : 1
16 bit I/O Recovery Time : 1
Turbo frequency : ENABLED

** = ONLY IF YOUR MEMORY SUPPORT IT, OTHERWISE USE THE NEXT
HIGHER VALUE

*** = WILL IMPROVE SPEED BUT DECREASES STABILITY, IF YOU HAVE
PROBLEMS CHANGE IT

shoulin

OSNN Addict
Soyo DRAGON ultra platinum edition KT333 chipset.... silver pcb .... YUMMMMMM i got it works like a charm, not to mention looks kick ass with a blue neon and a window :p

if u cant upgrade to somthing that expensive, check out the Dragon Lite it is only $69 i believe.

C

[CpK]Bastid

Originally posted by shoulin
Soyo DRAGON ultra platinum edition KT333 chipset.... silver pcb .... YUMMMMMM i got it works like a charm, not to mention looks kick ass with a blue neon and a window :p

if u cant upgrade to somthing that expensive, check out the Dragon Lite it is only $69 i believe.
good choice:)

K

Kw4ntuM

EWWW...NOOOO
my friend had a soyo and it had shitty wiring and zapped 7 volts thru itself and his cpu.....

lol.....no....soyo is gay

and, if ECS is on ur no list now,
may i suggest epox(the 1 oin ur list is good... but the 8kha is cheaper and awesome at that)

or if u got mad $$$ get the new gigabyte kt400 board!!!!(not a misprint)

C

[CpK]Bastid

gigabyte.ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

went thru two boards with no boot up...faulty.ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

gigacrap...lol:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies