Curious to know (deals with hardware)

Z

ZipTriX

When I right click on the SendTo Menu it labels 2 removable disks. It also lists them in Windows Explorer. Now my question is, since one of them is my zip drive what could the other be?

When I was running Windows 2000, it would list something, in Windows explorer, for the memory card (on my printer). could this be the second removable disk that I am seeing?

Check out the screenshot

yup, it's your printers mem card, If you goto the device manager and look under disks you'll probably find it's true label

Wouldn't happen to know how to remove it from the sento menu, would you?

Documents and Settings> [*User]> SendTo. This is a hidden folder so you have to unhide it.

*look in two places, under "Default User," and under the user name you're logged in under. If you don't find it in those, look under "All Users." I don't know if there's even a "SendTo" folder under all users. I'm the only user on my machine and there isn't.

Originally posted by Lonman
Documents and Settings> [*User]> SendTo. This is a hidden folder so you have to unhide it.

*look in two places, under "Default User," and under the user name you're logged in under. If you don't find it in those, look under "All Users." I don't know if there's even a "SendTo" folder under all users. I'm the only user on my machine and there isn't.
Nope.....no luck there.

You need to unhide the folders. Look under the other User accounts too, Administrator, etc.

I think i steered you wrong on this one. I just looked at my SendTo and my floppy drive is on it and i can't find it in any of the folders. You might try a search in Regedit to see if you can find it.

Not a clue. I searched my registry and couldn't make heads or tails of what the search brought up concerning sendto and floppy.

there another send to here:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\SendTo

But the floppy and cd drive is not in there...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back