CS - Vertical Sync

D

Dryb

Ok, my max-FPS are stuck at 60, and I was told to disable Vertical Sync; however, when I right click properties, settings, advaced, go to my Video Card Tab [GeForce3 Ti200], click Advanced Properties, there is no OpenGL tab to click... the only thing Advanced Properties has is anti-aliasing and overlay controls. I am running win XP; any ideas on how to disable vertical sync?

What drivers are you using? I think the nVidia drivers should have the OGL tab setup a bit differently than the mfgr's drivers.

Just a thought.......:D

Most games you can enable/disable it in the game options.

It may be in there.

not sure about nVidia, but i can reach 70 something fps with vsync ON on a voodoo 3 3000 PCI. I need it on cause i see too much vertical 'unsync' ed ness

Install new drivers from Nvidia.com
The latest official ones are the Detonator XP 28.32 Drivers. But if you're daring, try beta drivers at Guru3D.com.

Then -

1. Go to Control Panel, Display
  2. In Display Properties, select the Settings Tab, then Advanced
  3. Select the tab named GeForce 3 Ti200 or something similar
  4. Select Additional Properties, OpenGL Settings and select Vertical sync as 'Always Off.'
    [/list=1]

Then, go into a CS game, open the console with the tilde key and type 'fps_max 100' without the quotes.

I installed those drivers; I still do not have anything other than "overlay controls" and "3d antialiasing settings" as tabs in Advanced Properties under my video card tab.

that's odd. try going to add/remove programs and removing any instances of video drivers. then go to device manager and remove your video adapter. let windows reboot then install nvidia 28.32 driver. reboot once again when it asks and then check for an opengl tab.

if i turn off vsync i hit 99 constant in cs..........

if i dl the refresh rate fix would that make it be able to hit 99 with vsync on?

Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid
if i dl the refresh rate fix would that make it be able to hit 99 with vsync on?
it will only go as high as the refresh rate of your montior at whatever resolution you play at. for instance, when i play at 1280x960, my monitor is at 85Hz (thanks to refresh rate fix) and if i turn vsync on, i will get 85fps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back