CS router issues... need quidance

Sazar

Rest In Peace
here is my problem...

I play cs and have a router that I connect to the internet through..

there are a number of servers... namely my friends and my clans... that I cant connect to due to the router having some issues apparently...

everytime I connect it gives me a bad svc_msg or something similar... not always the same message mind... and this is driving me nuts...

my friends on the server said I had to do something to my router to allow it to recognise the 27015 or 27016 ending on the server ip or something along those lines...

basically I would like to connect to the servers without having this problem...

one other guy had the same problem but he now connects directly to the internet instead of behind a firewall and he is now able to play without errors...

I need a router though because we have multiple computers connected to the net :)

thanks for any help...

btw i did not see any help files related to my query unfortunately jjb... thats why I am posting...

would GREATLY appreciate any assistance afforded to me...

thanks

look... you give the info on your problem aka; you cant connect outside the router/firewall... but you failed to mention things like type of router, connection, OS, ect... this information IS important when trying to fully understand and answer your question. More than likely this is nothing but a port forwarding or a possible temporary DMZ hosting for a solution, but not knowing the type of hardware you have makes it difficult here. Give more info

:) I assume too much... kept postin some info on the chat room and forgot to do the same here...

ah well...

my basic rig specs are below in my sig... I will update once I put everything else in..

my NIC card is a Netgear
router is a Linksys with 4 ports and 1 to plug in the cable modem/built in firewall...
ISP is roadrunner over here in tampa...
operating system is windows xp professional/firewall disabled...

just forward your ports to your computer

27015~27016 to your computer

i have the same setup and experience no problems unless my friends server is configured wrong he has the same setup as me

just forward those ports to the computer you play cs on

mine is forwarded to 192.168.1.100

100 being my computer

also you might want to try disabling wan request in router

maybe upgrading firmware

yea CPk-bastid... but my problem is I don't know anything about how to mess around with routers...

I have a 4 port linksys router and thats all I know... I don;t know how to forward ports or enable ports or anything like that...

thats why I was asking for help... coz of my lack of knowledge of the device..

any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated...

thanks

thank you bluecat..

I think that might do it.. will try it on when the clan meets tonite...

cheers...

sazaar, if you are still having problems, feel free to pm me and we can set something up to get you going... it really pretty simple once you start peddling the bike

thanks everyone for all your help.. the problem has been solved thanks to the help of keylo (see post above)

thanks a lot keylo... much appreciated...

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back