CS/Direct3D

A

adamg

Firstly, I realise its a relatively old game and has its quirks.
I already know that Direct3D does not seem to work very well with many Nvidia cards, but apparently Day of Defeat v1.0 looked better in Direct3D than in OpenGL. After switching to Direct3D (1280x960), i ran CS. It seemed to work fine. Then i ran Day of Defeat. And thats where everything screwed up. It hung at 'Initialising and downloading', and i had to hard reset. Now evertime i try to play CS 1.0.0.5 (1.0.0.0 still works for some odd reason) or any other CS mod it just hangs and a hard reset is required. It happened to me once before already, and reformatting was the only option. Uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling, overinstalling, installing in 2 locations, nothing worked. I just wonder if anyone knows a solution or if it has happened to them before.

Originally posted by adamg
Firstly, I realise its a relatively old game and has its quirks.
I already know that Direct3D does not seem to work very well with many Nvidia cards, but apparently Day of Defeat v1.0 looked better in Direct3D than in OpenGL. After switching to Direct3D (1280x960), i ran CS. It seemed to work fine. Then i ran Day of Defeat. And thats where everything screwed up. It hung at 'Initialising and downloading', and i had to hard reset. Now evertime i try to play CS 1.0.0.5 (1.0.0.0 still works for some odd reason) or any other CS mod it just hangs and a hard reset is required. It happened to me once before already, and reformatting was the only option. Uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling, overinstalling, installing in 2 locations, nothing worked. I just wonder if anyone knows a solution or if it has happened to them before.

what happens if you go back to using openGL ?

I tried OpenGL again, tried Software again, and even tried Direct3D, but all stop at the same spot. also tried different resolutions.

Originally posted by adamg
I tried OpenGL again, tried Software again, and even tried Direct3D, but all stop at the same spot. also tried different resolutions.

try using a different driver set with your card...

I don't know what driver set you are using right now... but consider rolling back to around the 30.xx series and going from there... they were quite stable..

it worked before using 44.03, but i dont think the drivers are the problem. and...

It happened to me once before already, and reformatting was the only option. Uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling, overinstalling, installing in 2 locations, nothing worked

Don't worry about it though...im reformatting today anyway :)

opengl works better and looks better in HL always it doesn't matter if its a different mod

I would just like to remind you that CS is a HALF-LIFE mod CS uses the HALF-LIFE engine CS is NOT a stand alone game if it was not for HALF-LIFE there would be no CS.

also I thought Nvidia cards from the GF2 up ran D3D better then openGL. what kinda of video card are you using? also do you have Dx9 installed by chance? ive noticed with every system ive built and owned that has an Nvidia card that isn't Dx9 has issues after I have installed it. try to stick with Dx8 until you get a Dx9 card.

Originally posted by Krux
I would just like to remind you that CS is a HALF-LIFE mod CS uses the HALF-LIFE engine CS is NOT a stand alone game if it was not for HALF-LIFE there would be no CS.

also I thought Nvidia cards from the GF2 up ran D3D better then openGL. what kinda of video card are you using? also do you have Dx9 installed by chance? ive noticed with every system ive built and owned that has an Nvidia card that isn't Dx9 has issues after I have installed it. try to stick with Dx8 until you get a Dx9 card.

CS is available by itself :)

it is a retail standalone game... no SP.. only MP... but it is standalone... with an updated HL engine :)

isn't that condition zero?! pshhhha sazar why you alway raining on my parade?! :)

I usually format every 2-3 months, hopes thats not too often but thanks for the tip Bootsy.
I have a gf4-ti4200 and i installed directX 9a to see my 3dmark03, which was not too good (780). I also used the retail version of CS. Thanks for all the help guys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back