cs 1.4 thoughs, bugs, anything

@babsy,

do you perhaps have win2k drivers for your video card? if you do, try force installing them. then update them to the new drivers.

welli can download the drivers for win2k for my vid card, (ati radeon 32 mb ddr). so i should do that then install the xp updated ones??

i'll give that a try.
thx much
:)

ya, force install the 2k drivers, then install the xp drivers over them

Ok well for your mouse in CS try searching in the forum cause it's posted a couple of places for the little commands You add to the executable, ( If you didnt try it yet)

I in the other hand had the sensitivity prob in CS and I fixed it by turing off Mouse accel in WINDOWS, and settting the sensitivity to max in XP, and the game seems fine.. Even more precise I find, smoother.

With the little commands, I find the game is way to sensitive, Or I just got used to the other way :p

Anyways try that before addind the lines.

And for your vid card, boot in safe mode, uninstall the drivers, reboot, apply colors to like 256 640X480 in normal mode, ( Dont install anything.

Reboot your computer, then install the drivers, if it dont work, do the process over, and try running it in 2000 compatability mode.

If it doesnt work, well well maybe You need to update you MOBO drivers.

-=Helly=-

Originally posted by npfanz
My computer has never frozen in CS, but I get this loop problem often. The screen will freeze and the last second or so of audio will loop (so I get to hear the last three shots I fired repeat over, and over and over and over...). Have to ctrl alt del it, I don't know what the bug is but hopefully its better in 1.4.

Thats not a CS problem...that used to happen to me before but then I Flashed my BIOS and I was good to go...

1.4 is awesome! All changes rock!

except, the cheating situation on public servers is at a all time worse, so accept it or play on private servers.

In regards to XP compatibility, the new version was supposed to fix some XP bugs but I have seen no changes.

a) When you start a new game on the server, there menu appears over the view. You have to press Esc then resume.

b) I never did fix the mouse thing. I tried everything. It still happens for a few seconds every hour or so. I just put up with it and hope it doesn't happen at a crucial time!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back