Crying out for format!

M

Manos P

It's been a few weeks now that my dear pc is crying out for format. My young bro messed up the whole place inside the system folder & as it was expected nothing works fine! Can somebody tell me how do i go into dos mode and format my boot HDD? Thanx

No need to go to dos.

Just pop the old WinXP CD-Rom into your CD-rom drive, make sure that the CD-rom drive is above the hard drive in the bios boot up order, sit back and reinstall. (There's an option to repair your current install, or to format and install a fresh).

Share and Enjoy.

If you do insist on formating after all:

Get a Windows 98 boot disk, and run it (make sure you boot from floppy).
After that write "Format C:" (if C i the drive you want to format, without the quotes).
after you done formating it will ask for a drive label, you can write whatever you want or just leave it empty ( just press enter).
Thats about it, after your done formating boot from the XP cd and install it.

Good luck ;)

Or a Mix of the two :)

Pop the good ol cd-rom in and go through the setup till you see a selection menu and the default is "Leave the current file configuration", what you wanna do is chose the one right on top of that i believe.. called FORMAT in NTFS :)

gotta love formatting :)

have fun ;)

I did what Crucial told me but i didn't really help (Thanx m8 anyway)! It seems i need a total clean up of HDD C. Furthermore by the time i re-installed WinXp i have no access at all to my Secondary HHD(NTFS formatted) where most of my files had enrypted attributes!!!! I'm really getting sick of the whole job :mad:
I'm now trying to re-gain access to my old files (mp3's most of them) !!!!
Any help?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back