Crucial Radeon 9100

jonifen

pffff...
any good?
I bought my gf's 8500LE from Crucial and its been pretty impressive - I looked back to have a look at the diff cards as I'm in the market for one at the minute and its been replaced with the 9100, but at the same/similar price as the 8500LE.

Are there many differences between them?

What nvidia card is comparable to it (I dont want to know which cards it beats - just the ones its in the same range as really). I'd prefer a 9500pro, but even though its fairly cheap for a decent card, its still a little out of my budget at the current time.

Originally posted by jonifen
any good?
I bought my gf's 8500LE from Crucial and its been pretty impressive - I looked back to have a look at the diff cards as I'm in the market for one at the minute and its been replaced with the 9100, but at the same/similar price as the 8500LE.

Are there many differences between them?

What nvidia card is comparable to it (I dont want to know which cards it beats - just the ones its in the same range as really). I'd prefer a 9500pro, but even though its fairly cheap for a decent card, its still a little out of my budget at the current time.

basically the same exact product... only difference I know off is fullstream support in hardware...

fullstream effectively reduces blockness in divx video clips thereby providing clearer images...

otherwise the product should not only have the same layout but the same memory/core/pcb and whatever not..

just the model number is bumped to represent its true performance (it is better than a 9000 series card) and it does have a few tweaks to make it better/more efficient in some things..

edit - this product is based below the gf4 ti 4200... hence anything from nvidia that performs below the gf4ti 4200 is in direct competition with the 9100... ie... gf4 mx series and gf FX 5200 series...

cheers Sazar, I wasnt quite sure about that one.

What do you think of the 9500 non-pro? I think it may be better than the 9100, but obviously not as good as the 9500pro... the reason I ask is for price as I've seen 9500s close to ~£120 but the pro is like ~£170

is the difference really worth the extra £50? I'm guessing it would definitely, but it cant hurt to ask :p

one more thing...
Originally posted by Sazar
edit - this product is based below the gf4 ti 4200... hence anything from nvidia that performs below the gf4ti 4200 is in direct competition with the 9100... ie... gf4 mx series and gf FX 5200 series...
would it be as good as a ti4200 if nvidia didnt cheat with their drivers?? ;)

(sorry, couldnt resist to ask)

Originally posted by jonifen
cheers Sazar, I wasnt quite sure about that one.

What do you think of the 9500 non-pro? I think it may be better than the 9100, but obviously not as good as the 9500pro... the reason I ask is for price as I've seen 9500s close to ~£120 but the pro is like ~£170

is the difference really worth the extra £50? I'm guessing it would definitely, but it cant hurt to ask :p

one more thing...

would it be as good as a ti4200 if nvidia didnt cheat with their drivers?? ;)

(sorry, couldnt resist to ask)

the pro is a much better card :)

and the problem with driver hacks would only affect nv3x cores... no the gf4ti series per se...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back