Cropped text in post replies

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political Access
EP et al,

The following type of thing seems to be happening rather alot when I make replies:

err maybe you didn't refer them, all they have to do is put your name in the box! Y

ou have no idea whou allywilson is??

I can give you other examples if req'd.

Mubbers

errm.. not fully understanding what you mean.. are you referring to the 'you' being split on to 2 lines ?

If so... more examples are required.. and a URL to the exact location where this is happening would be nice :)

MdSalih

Posted by MdSalih
errm.. not fully understanding what you mean.. are you referring to the 'you' being split on to 2 lines ?

If so... more examples are required.. and a URL to the exact location where this is happening would be nice :)

MdSalih

I dunno what he means either.

Actually examples are little hard to find as I end up re-jigging the posts with extra spaces etc.. in order to get them all looking ok... but essentially Md' is right the lines keep getting cut off.

some lines are quite short and some not

I'm hoping that somewhere in this drivel the fault will occur??

Mubbers

This is just like a car always breaking down but never at the garage!

Which HDD - speed essential

There gotcha!

I had to put a space in before the text i.e

+essential] Which...

to get it to look right:

You lost me by miles m8...

actually.. just edited your post... kinda see what you mean... but thats just basically going the long winded way in breaking the system/looking for a break... this isn't a common fault... haven;t spotted this anywhere lately :-/

This is what yah mean i'm guessing

of the top of my head.. i'd guess this is a code parsing fault... its translating something into a \r\n or something like it... would have to report it to vbulletin.com to get a proper fix for it... but we'd need more evidence for it...

if yah can find anything else on it... do post up here

Thanx

MdSalih

Roger wilko

Mubbers (oh no I'm about to be swallowed by a whale... <GULP>)

Mozilla? Is that like the cheese you put on pizzas? :D

er... No.

Mub's

P.S. What Mozilla??

How Rare!

The text cropping is actually starting to happen to me now!
e.g.
%SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s

Obviously all that should be on the one line.

ooohh this one came back from the grave!!

The cropped text thing was only happening to me at work, as was the 'xp-erience banner' crushed in transition screen. But as we don't get the fade in banner anymore it's not a problem!!

Only solution to the cropped text thingy - if your concerened w/ presentation - is to add spaces etc! MOst awkward when posting links as they tend to be the worst for this problem.

Mubbers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back