Critique of my site please.

Spent the last 20 hours revamping it. Basically started with alot of templates but have almost completly modified them all. Same with the java script in it highly modified from the originals.

Heads up there are some public front page posts that i dont mind anyone seeing but i dont want comments on them.

www.venomxt.com

Things about what iv done with it.

I like the collapsing front page posts. Still need to figure out how to make only the first one stay open.

The gallery seems to be working out well. Uses a PHP script to auto update once pictures are placed in the folder.

The File tab takes you to a login i peiced together. It seems to be work very well and is someone what secure for a client side login.

The upload Tab took awhile. Its working well but i need to find/make a java script to automatically create a thumbnail from the uploaded files. But that will come later.

The forum is just me playing with phpbb im liking it but i wish i could play with Vbulletin hehe.

I like it, well designed...clean. I did notice when I clicked on the gallery, the photos where alligned to the left, im using Firefox..

yah iv been trying to fix that and havent been able to. The php script is being pain in the arse. Its on the list still. Wasted a hour earlier trying to fix it. hehe

Well to be honest, I don't see the point behind being able to collapse and expand the posts.

When you click on home it leads to a 404.

Other than that I like the simplicity behind teh design, although a bit too dark for me.

Not too harsh, right? :p

the expanding and contracting of the posts is more for the fact that i have some personal stuff that i dont like to bombard on people. so it be nice if it were contracted. then if they want to read well they clicked it hehe. Im not sure how much i like it either but it was such a pain in the ass to get right.. that its gona stay for awhile lol. *until i get a archive system set up*

Thanks for the feed back. keep it coming.

Well then I think you should make all the posts collapsed by default? They were all opened up for me.

i agree havent figured out how to yet. I had to modify the java scrip alot so.. things a being difficult hehe.

I like it. Nice job. :)
I think you should spread out the buttons on the top a little bit more so they are aligned with the banner and the body.

An easier method you might want to use: Just put up links on the main page. Clicking on the link will take you to a new page with the full content.

You could even ajax-ify it.

will consider it and look into it.. that damn gallery is being a pain in the arse to center.. peice of crap im gona be really upset if i have to scratch it just because of that issue....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back