Cricket World Cup 2003

boycotting a match and asking for a change of venue are 2 different things...

I do not agree with the situation in zimbabwe... dont get me wrong there... and I am not insinuating the elections were not rigged :) heck just look @ what happened in iraq recently... but still he is the ELECTED ruler :) if that is a term that can be used...

he is effectively a dictator who has prospered greatly from the hardships his country has endured under his regime... there is no doubt about that...

but the stance taken as to have the venue moved.. I dunno about that...

for safety reasons... sure... for political reasons ? no... voice protests by boycotting the match instead...

I think there are very good safety reasons to change the venue & I do believe the British team is prepared to boycott the match in any repsect.

I don't see any problem about gettng the venue moved away from Zim' as really we don't want to spoil the whole event on account of Mugabe.

At the end of the day it's a shambles that the players are making a stand on this as it should be down to the international orginisations involved to have sorted this out earlier.

Shame on them.

Mubbers

Originally posted by Mubbers
I think there are very good safety reasons to change the venue & I do believe the British team is prepared to boycott the match in any repsect.

I don't see any problem about gettng the venue moved away from Zim' as really we don't want to spoil the whole event on account of Mugabe.

At the end of the day it's a shambles that the players are making a stand on this as it should be down to the international orginisations involved to have sorted this out earlier.

Shame on them.

Mubbers

that I agree with and I ws perpetrating to that in my earlier post :)

it is a shame when the players have to take a stance instead of the country they represent... a very good example is the india/pakistan setup... the teams have no problems playing each other... it is all political :)

but back on topic... what are the odds for each team ? anyone know?

australia would be red hot favourites for sure...
ill get some odds up...

about your comment earlier, about hayden and gilchrist not going to well...
check the results for the VB series, expecially the first final i think it was, when they won by 10 wickets, and made the score very quickly with a powerful performance
not forgetting, they have both had very long summers, and need a good rest, which they i will have now...
game on i say

ODDS:
Australia 11/8
South Africa 5/2
India 7/1
New Zealand 12/1
England 14/1
Sri Lanka 14/1
West Indies 14/1
Zimbabwe 80/1
Kenya 500/1
Bangladesh 1000/1

there are a few variations
but thats the main jist of it
check this site for more odds

I'd said they had not done too hot recently...

ie... hayden NORMALLY would go in and score his customary 60-70 runs and get a NOT OUT @ the end of the innings... gilchrist also has not had the consistency he had a year or two ago...

not to say they are bad batsmen.. that is definitely not what I was trying to get across... and yes it has been a long time playing.. the down period before the ODI's start should be good for both..

Originally posted by Sazar
that I agree with and I ws perpetrating to that in my earlier post :)

You say tomato I say tomato... (doesn't quite work written does it?) :D

But like you say BOT...

I hope there are some surprises in store. Judging by the recent for of the Ozzies you can guess who one of the finalists will be but I'd like to see a dark horse do well...

Mubbers

first game was a cracker!
windies upset the south africans...

after a slow start, the windies piled it on
and they SA's could chase and get the total, fell 3 runs short

makes things interesting!

Heard it on the radio, incredible game. Had that big fellah not been caught on the boundary they would have had it...

Oh and the over penaulty for wasting time during their time fielding ?

Originally posted by rick_422
first game was a cracker!
windies upset the south africans...

after a slow start, the windies piled it on
and they SA's could chase and get the total, fell 3 runs short

makes things interesting!

pity bout the lost over for the south africans :)

if only they had bowled a touch faster lol...

still it was a hell of a match... runs and wickets galore and what an ending... :)

seems like lara is back on form...

what else would lara do after the press were talking about his first game back for AGES!! :D

bloody awful start to the game, after the first 10 overs, they were about 10/2 (windies)
i watched the first 15-20 overs then went to bed

aussies play tonight against the pakistanis
gonna watch that for sure!

go you good thing!

you beat me to it.. was just about to post that... :)

that is a shock...I just didnt think something like this would happen... I mean WHY? its the world cup..

That's major news!

Of course it's performance enhancing drug, after all a slim player runs faster than a fat one.

Never mind I do hope it turns out to be an 'honest' mistake. A drug could never make a man that good a bowling - that is just pure talent.

Mubbers

That's major news!

Of course it's performance enhancing drug, after all a slim player runs faster than a fat one.

Never mind I do hope it turns out to be an 'honest' mistake. A drug could never make a man that good a bowling - that is just pure talent.

Mubbers

he's a flippin leg spinner... how much faster can he run bounding down the track ? not like he's a fast/medium pace bowler either and neither does he bowl his leg-breaks/googly's @ anil kumbles pace (the latter having been a medium pacer till he became a "spinner")

its just odd... IMO... and I feel badly for warne... I truly admire the guy even though I myself am an offie... his bowling feats have inspired a new generation to take up leg-spin... one of the hardest skills to MASTER in cricket... IMO...

it was either a stupid mistake, or a naieve mistake!
i dont believe he would of used it as a masking agent for steroids, but rather for something else
because as stated before, why would he need fitness and muscle bulk being a spinner, but i guess it aids recovery
they are talking about a possibly 2 year ban, which i hope is not gonna happen, cos that would end his career!

on a brigher note, the aussies beat the paki's
andy symonds made 143 of 125
fantastic innings, brute power that man has!
thats all ill say!

Originally posted by Sazar
he's a flippin leg spinner... how much faster can he run bounding down the track ? not like he's a fast/medium pace bowler either and neither does he bowl his leg-breaks/googly's @ anil kumbles pace (the latter having been a medium pacer till he became a "spinner")

its just odd... IMO... and I feel badly for warne... I truly admire the guy even though I myself am an offie... his bowling feats have inspired a new generation to take up leg-spin... one of the hardest skills to MASTER in cricket... IMO...

Well you've got a point there :D !

But I suppose he's also a fielder when not bowling and a batsman when not fielding...

The worst thing about this is that it will cast doubt on his past career no matter what the truth or the outcome of this situation.

Mubbers

they are so gonna give him a slap on the wrists
say, your mummy screwed up, its ok!

now come back and be the leading wicket taker!
:D

Australia will be the winner, definetely, I wanted Pakistan to win but it will be Australia!

Wayhey!

Cracking win by England 112 runs over Pakistan...

although it seems they lost their way with the last wicket and should of had them out for less than 100.

Mubbers

A doubley great day for England as we also beat Wales in the 6 Nations Rugby!!

Wayhey!

Cracking win by England 112 runs over Pakistan...

although it seems they lost their way with the last wicket and should of had them out for less than 100.

Mubbers

A doubley great day for England as we also beat Wales in the 6 Nations Rugby!!

nice performance by the brits... pty bout the forfeited game... :)

still it seems that england.austrlia.india might head to the super sixes from that group...

sri lanka is the clear front runner in the other group though I have no idea who the others will be :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back