Creative's startup software for X-Fi

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
I was poking around with msconfig and noticed a heap of startup programs that come with the X-Fi. I have been battling my Azunetech Prelude for a few weeks now in Vista and everything seems stable, so whats my first reaction? Thats right, break it again. I found this thread within the creative forums and though it is NOT OFFICAL it proves to be an interesting read, not that many people out there are dying to get an extra 5-10MB of RAM but I figured I would post it anyway. I just disabled the processes using windows defender(just wanted to try something new) and I am going to reboot and see if everything is still working. Good luck to ya :lick:

http://forums.creative.com/creative...laster&message.id=39758&query.id=87714#M39758

i used to turn off most of the crap they had set to startup under xp - had no problems with the x-fi i had

i used to turn off most of the crap they had set to startup under xp - had no problems with the x-fi i had

I have to leave one of the files running to use my Dolby Digital Live features but other than that they just take up memory, and from what I have read can really bonk your performance.

I leave it all alone and dont have any problems

Thats great, have a cookie...

chocolate_chip.jpg

i always sent the sound out to the ASIO box that come with the card and then to a receiever via optical link - so i had no real need for their tools - apart from the control panel - mixer adn that sort of thing

Thats great, have a cookie...

chocolate_chip.jpg

*takes cookie before Shamus gets it* Mmmmm, cookie. :D

Interesting read yet I have never checked to see what loads for my X-Fi and yet my machine justs hums alone. Do I get a cookie too? *hides other cookie* :rolleyes:

But then I did not install all the bells and whistles and little shinny things that come with. I like it sleek n mean, with balls to the wall audio performance. ;)

i have although its sat collecting dust as the pc here has on board digial 8ch card - x-fi elite pro, now there was some balls to the wall audio from that thing :)

*takes cookie before Shamus gets it* Mmmmm, cookie. :D

Interesting read yet I have never checked to see what loads for my X-Fi and yet my machine justs hums alone. Do I get a cookie too? *hides other cookie* :rolleyes:

But then I did not install all the bells and whistles and little shinny things that come with. I like it sleek n mean, with balls to the wall audio performance. ;)

With the latest drivers for my card the install comes with all the fancy stuff installed by default

Hey thats my cookie !!! I leave all the bells and whistles installed and have great performance with the kind of rigs we run, its not like we need to fight for a few fps ..

was your cookie, all the sb stuff slowed yo down and nads got it :p - have to admit it dont look that nice, maybe it tastes nice, im sure gonaads will tell us ;)

Damn stale cookie *mumble grumble* :s

[@ Carpo] I have same card. [edit] check that, mine is the Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty card

Big balls + small wall = deceptive performance? :nervous:

Games and movies sound great all the same. :cool:

Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty card 64mb vram? yep thats the one I got :laugh:

Damn stale cookie *mumble grumble* :s

[@ Carpo] I have same card. [edit] check that, mine is the Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty card

Big balls + small wall = deceptive performance? :nervous:

Games and movies sound great all the same. :cool:

attatched to a 500W system with a 12" sub if you open the windows you can here it at the top of the garden 100ft away :p

i only do that if they are tits and make noise during the early hours - which they have done - so when they go to bed - some hardcore drum and bass is blasted out, they dont do it often now, i thik they got the message, have parties and stuff by all means but keep it down after 1 am, or the carpster is coming to get ya :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back