Creative X-Fi out in 1day...and counting

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
Countdown...i dunno what it is..seems cool.

The most powerful audio processor ever built will soon be providing previously unimaginable benefits to users around the world. Delivering such benefits as accelerated frame-rates in games, providing the most realistic headphone surround experience and even adding back in to music the sparkle that is lost during MP3 or WMA compression - this new technology is going to transform the world of entertainment. Whatever you enjoy doing, if it involves audio, is never going to be the same again!

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/x-fi/technology/

This is awesome news. I will be getting one :)

Very cool, I cant wait... anyone know a price range? I hope its not more then 250 - 300$ USD

Don't believe the hype on this. As far as audio processing goes, it's a weak chip. It still has alot of the flaws the plagued the Audigy range. That's not to say it won't be good for gamers, it probably will be. It's just not good for audio.

dreamliner77 said:
Don't believe the hype on this. As far as audio processing goes, it's a weak chip. It still has alot of the flaws the plagued the Audigy range. That's not to say it won't be good for gamers, it probably will be. It's just not good for audio.

Have you benchmarked it? No, I think not. So none of us are believing the "hype" its just high hopes. And Creative has always been a great solution for low budget recording studios. For people who cant afford full on setsups. Dont be such a downer.

No, but I've read the spec sheet. It's really not much different than the current line of audigy chips, except that it can handle a few more pipes. It's bordering on the same BS that Creative just settle in the class action suit.

dreamliner77 said:
No, but I've read the spec sheet. It's really not much different than the current line of audigy chips

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Arial,Helvetica][/font][/font]

Toms Hardware Guide said:
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Arial,Helvetica]More Powerful Than A PC[/font] [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Called X-Fi, the new audio processor is completely different from everything known, not only in terms of processing power, but above all in terms of architecture. X-Fi uses what is called an Active Modal Architecture (AMA), allowing the user to choose among three application modes: games, leisure and creation. Its calculating power (X-Fi has a power of 10,340 MIPS, which is more powerful than a 3.6 GHz P4 processor, which has 10,224 MIPS) is then optimized for the chosen type of use. [/font]

Yeah, its exactly the same as the Audigy series of cards.... Do your homework. Reading the Spec sheet from Creatives website isnt enough.

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050516/x-fi-02.html

Please excuse me if I am comming across a bit nasty.
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][/font]

Too bad I spent too much on my new system, otherwise I might have considered it as a replacement for my Audigy.

Aprox said:
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][font=Arial,Helvetica][/font][/font]

Yeah, its exactly the same as the Audigy series of cards.... Do your homework. Reading the Spec sheet from Creatives website isnt enough.

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050516/x-fi-02.html

Please excuse me if I am comming across a bit nasty.
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][/font]

Yeah, quoting Creative's marketing dept is always a good start. :dead:

Think of it this way: you can put a 5.0 liter in a Pinto, but it's still a Pinto.

Last edited:
Umm, yeah... Since when does THG work for Creative?

In the end this is stupid, neither of us have used the product. We will see how well it performs in the comming days (weeks?). So lets us just wait and see.

Uhm I dont know how a chip as powerfull as a P4 3.2 can be "weak" please explain. I also dont see any "flaws" on the Audigy or Audigy2 cards when used for their intended market: gamers and non-enthusiast audio.

If you try using it for pro-audio then yes you will be disappointed but any use other than games/amature audio mastering is plain senseless.

I saw more flaws in the soundstorm soultion from nvidia, and the cheap attempts at audio processing by Realtek, VIA and Cirrus Logic when used in a gaming and mp3/ogg/flac audio playback situation.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of it, seems to have been in development for quite some time, I hope it doesn't get plagued with problems like their normal first gen products do, but then they aren't really alone in that :)

hehe still countdown...found this news while trying to reintall creative drivers...lol hope its good...my sb live is dying

I think we are way over due for a new sound card :)

Converting two channel crappy MP3 sound to 24 bit crystal clear awsome surround music? They're into magic now? :p

not really - interpolation and filtering will be able to add alot back to the audio. I mean you have 44, 100 samples of audio to work with per second of audio...

LordOfLA said:
not really - interpolation and filtering will be able to add alot back to the audio. I mean you have 44, 100 samples of audio to work with per second of audio...
Umm.. yeah. You need that many to even reproduce sound frequencies nearing 20 kHz (sampling theorem if you know it). But that doesn't mean you can make it that much better. A little better maybe, but not anywhere nere a 24 recording.

super-sampling, interpolation, filtering will make it sound better. THey never claimed to reproduce the lost data. Just to make it sound better. Which it will. Read all their details on the architecture and stuff :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back