Creative X-Fi Drivers! v2.09.0001 Final?

lkyng

OSNN Addict
SBXF_PCDRVBETA_LB_2_09_0001.exe < ======== 30 May 06
SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_09_0001.exe <======= 3 July 06

This download contains an improved version of the drivers found on the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic, Platinum and Fatal1ty installation CDs. It now provides full OpenAL support for gamers. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download
Includes Creative Audio Console, which enables you to use the Sound Blaster X-Fi features and functions.
Does not address all the reported general "crackling" issues, but it does resolve some specific issues with crackling. Investigations with some motherboard manufacturers are ongoing, and we hope to provide a general solution soon.
Resolves some issues to improve your overall audio experience.

Added Feature:
Supports OpenAL 1.1

Game Fixes:
For Prey™
Resolves the issue of the computer not responding
For Quake 4™ (version 1.04)
Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when the error message "Quake 4 has encountered an error and needs to close" is displayed
Resolves the issue of mono speaker out in surround sound environments
Allows you to hear audio from speakers when you select the OpenAL X-Fi option as the audio driver
Allows audio channels to stream to correct speakers
For Battlefield 2™
Allows the Ultra-High Audio setting in a multi-player game
For Battlefield 2 (version 1.12)
Allows you to hear audio from speakers when the X-Fi audio driver option is selected
For Doom 3™ (version 1.3)
Allows you to hear audio from speakers when EAX 4.0 is enabled
Resolves the "pop" issue during the Chainsaw attack sound effect sequence
Removes "hiss" from the front left speaker
Allows panning
Plays the Ambient sound effects correctly
For Unreal® Tournament 2004 (version 3369)
Allows you to hear audio from speakers when running in hardware OpenAL mode (the System Driver check-box is cleared)
For Unreal Tournament 2004 (version 3355)
Allows reverb in native OpenAL mode
Allows music to play correctly during gaming in Native OpenAL mode
For Dungeon Siege® (version 1.11)
Resolves the issue of the computer not responding during benchmarking Music or Movie Playback Fixes:
Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when DTS signal is passed through Creative MediaSource™ Player/Organizer
Removes X-Fi CMSS-3D Speakers distortion when playing DivX stereo content

Recording Fixes:
For Audio Creation Mode
Removes distortion when recording to a 44.1 kHz multi-channel wave file in Audio Creation Mode with 44.1 kHz master sampling rate
Removes pops and crackles during record monitoring and changing sample rates
For Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition
Resolves the issue where no audio is heard from your speakers occasionally when playing 3D MIDI files
Resolves the missing instrument issue when playing a MIDI file in all modes

Others
Resolves the "recording process aborted" issue during a 44 kHz multi-channel recording
Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when recording with Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer
Resolves SoundFont® issues where notes distort and change pitch during playback and recording

General Fixes:
Allows your computer to quit Suspend mode when enabling "Automatically Enable Headphone Settings" even when headphones are not connected to your computer
Resolves the issue where no audio is heard when testing the X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone in the Game Mode console
Resolves the noise issue when your computer quits Standby mode

Fixes for developers:
Allows effects to be loaded in EAX4.0 mode of your test program (EAX50ShowDSound)
Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when loading a 2D Sound in your test program (DSound50_OpenAL 1.1)
Resolves the issue where there is no upmix when switching effects
Resolves the floating point offset issue in OpenAL
Resolves the issue of the computer not responding while using synchronous start through native OpenAL

Requirements:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 2
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, Platinum or Fatal1ty audio device

Note:
Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player is unavailable for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
Download
Mirror
Homepages

Last edited:
I've been waiting for the final version, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

auto update didnt pick this up, maybe as im already running the march beta.

revision is the same cept the beta part, is it worth upgrading or is this going to be a placebo effect on the beta ?

Not running any beta and didn't get the update either GoNz0, installed manually anway, how old fashioned.

yes isn't it..

well i installed anyway, would be rude not to !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back