Creative Vision:M

I don't feel the iPod is inferior itself, I have just never had a great amount of love for the software. I am a big fan of Windows Media Player though.

That screen looks nice! I never noticed the saturation levels on both devices, especially the 5G ipod...maybe it's the way the photos were taken?

I'd love to hear what it sounds like with a portble amp and nice pair of heaphones :)

Just ordered one from Singapore, should be here early next week.
£225 total ... thats a pretty awesome price I reckon, sure it will retail for more in the UK.

If not, well I will just cry.

Grandmaster said:
Techically Apple copied Creative...
how though, apple has been making the ipod since a long ass time ago and it has always just been some improvements, but over all its always looked the same

themafia.69 said:
how though, apple has been making the ipod since a long ass time ago and it has always just been some improvements, but over all its always looked the same

zeke_mo said:
I read something about that, it might have been here. Anyway, I guess creative is trying to sue apple of a patient infringement. Heres the link http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28236, but like I said, its very likely that it was posted already :p...me and my memory

:)...it would seem that apple violates one of creatives patents, which was held before they started making iPods

themafia.69 said:

Read what zeke said above me.

Also, Creative has been making hard drive audio players well before Apple.

Honestly, the copying doesn't even matter to me, I just don't like bad information being spread ;)

onimkron said:
I'd love to hear what it sounds like with a portble amp and nice pair of heaphones :)
Creative's line of players typically have higher signal-to-noise ratios than most other popular players, from what I've read.

I've hooked up my Zen Micro to the music system in the car (direct line-in), as well as to a Yamaha amp that hooks up to a set of 4 Bose speakers and a Yamaha subwoofer, and it sounds great, as long as the quality of the track you're playing is good. Use high-bitrate MP3/WMA files, or lossless tracks and it should be fine. :)

As for the who-copied-who issue...it never really matters. Companies borrow good ideas from each other all the time, and it only leads to a good mix of better products for consumers.

Apple may have borrowed the UI from Creative, but Creative has clearly realized the power of the iPod's "image" and has taken a similar route with the white headphones and such.

In the end, it doesn't matter one bit. All these devices just cause serious geek-lust, and you just have to pick what you like the most. :D

NetRyder said:
As for the who-copied-who issue...it never really matters. Companies borrow good ideas from each other all the time, and it only leads to a good mix of better products for consumers.

Apple may have borrowed the UI from Creative, but Creative has clearly realized the power of the iPod's "image" and has taken a similar route with the white headphones and such.

In the end, it doesn't matter one bit. All these devices just cause serious geek-lust, and you just have to pick what you like the most. :D

Well said :)

Its so pretty.
Currently got it syncing a few episodes of Family Guy to test and then will be shifting all my music over on to it.

very very nice, I gotta get one of them sometime soon.

i bought a new ipod last night. personally size is a factor for me so i pick ipod over evrything else.....! ha!

the_music_man said:
i bought a new ipod last night. personally size is a factor for me so i pick ipod over evrything else.....! ha!

So this is your...73rd iPod then?

Looks damn spiffy. I have no where near that much money to waste though :) i've had a nano for a few months now and it works fine. love the interface, quality is great and I hardly use it :) don't think now is upgrade time.

Although, if someone wants to buy one for me..... :p

Best of show? Nice, didn't stick around to watch the CNET stuff, but did pass it on the way to the south hall, they had a section of corridor all to themselves - nice spot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back