Creative Vision:M

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Already mentioned these in another thread, but I definately think I am gonna have to get one of these as soon as possible, just looks so damn nice :)

http://images.europe.creative.com/iss/images/artwork/A6_RGB/Zen_VisionM_Black_a.jpg
http://images.europe.creative.com/iss/images/artwork/A6_RGB/Zen_VisionM_Black_b.jpg

http://uk.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=14331
  • Stylish design is compact (104x62x18.9mm) and tactile, with textured finish and smooth contours
  • 30GB hard disk stores up to 15,000 songs* or 120 hours of video
  • 2.5-inch (51x39mm) screen displays images at 320x240, ensuring high quality
  • Supports audio formats WMA (with DRM), MP3, WAV; video formats MPEG (1/2/4), DivX, XviD, WMV; picture format JPG (JPEG)
  • Output to TV via optional AV cable
  • Battery playtimes up to 14 hours of music or 4 hours of video
Looks stunning too! :)

Last edited:
Look at the second shot... they are not too fat, its just wider than apple...

Bleh, and cartman is just big-boned :smoker:

Guess I'll have to wait for pics of it compared to the ipod, or see it in the stores.

Apparently won't be here before the end of the year so might try and pick one up in Vegas?

Would have been nice to take on the flight... ah well.

They look cool and I love creative stuff but there is no way they will dent Apple's sales with a name like Creative Zen Vision M. And if it's thicker than an ipod then that's even worse. Personally, I might very well get one but sadly I think that the general population are more bothered about image than quality (by image I mean, like "street image" cool etc) and sales will lag massively behind the ipod.

I loved the neon colored one :D And again, why couldn't they make it slimmer? :/

Hmm, I might pick up the pink one for my sister and look at the green one for myself. Not sure why, maybe because it's pretty unexpected to see a green mp3 player on the market (well, from a company such as creative anyway). :D

Grandmaster said:
Techically Apple copied Creative...
I read something about that, it might have been here. Anyway, I guess creative is trying to sue apple of a patient infringement. Heres the link http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28236, but like I said, its very likely that it was posted already :p...me and my memory

Yeah apple came to the portable audio market only after they saw they could make money from it - so apple copied everyone else that came before them. The difference is that apple's audio products are inferior but people dont see that for the "apple" name and logo on them.

All those comlpaining its fat - its got a freaking hard disk - have you seen a hard disk wafer thin yet??

LordOfLA said:
Yeah apple came to the portable audio market only after they saw they could make money from it - so apple copied everyone else that came before them. The difference is that apple's audio products are inferior but people dont see that for the "apple" name and logo on them.

All those comlpaining its fat - its got a freaking hard disk - have you seen a hard disk wafer thin yet??

Not an excuse, if they want to compete with Apple they will mainly have to compete in terms of image and brand. And a fat device won't help them with that.

I'd pick up one if the Zen Micro didn't already do everything I need.
The screen on this thing blows the socks off the iPod. :D

As I mentioned in the other thread, 1.89cm is hardly "too fat" for me, but I guess that depends on personal preference.

Here are some comparison shots with the iPod Video of the thickness and the screen quality:

zenvisionmappleipod38pj.jpg

4677crop6zq.jpg

73135893_0d96d4cb5b.jpg

73135297_707a9e7352.jpg

73135295_e2bbf46b49.jpg

Sexy UI too - selecting albums by browsing through cover art:

73135296_9d2e8a4237.jpg

More pics of the unit on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28169020@N00/

73135575_9653f317e9.jpg

Last edited:
LordOfLA said:
could you tell me how the apple is inferior

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back