Creative Tech entries- OK to delete?

F

Fifaheat

hi,
When i run 'Reg Cleaner' on XP, There are loads of "Creative Tech" entries.

These are there because i installed some creative software to enable 5.1 surround, but i got rid of it. And i am using the windows XP sound driver for it now

The entries are there as following:

Creative Tech: Creative installer
Creative Tech: Devcon
Creative Tech: Driver Default
Creative Tech:Instalation
Creative Tech: Licence
Creative Tech: Mixer name
Creative Tech: Product registration
Creative Tech:Reboot
Creative Tech:share
Creative Tech:softwareinsatlled
Creative Tech: wdm install
Creative Tech:audioHQ
Creative Tech:creative launcher
Creative Tech:multi user
Creative Tech:task in update tray

Is it OK, to get rid of all these entries?? windows isnt using them is it??

im using windows XP

thanx
;)

I'd export everything you want to delete first in case you accutally need one of those things. Then it's up to you if you want to delete things out of your registry. Best rule of thumb is, if it ain't broke don't fix it. In other words, if you're not having any regisitry issue type problems, leave well enough alone. All that said, lol, it 'should' be ok to give em the axe.

cheers m8

I want to keep my comp clean:)

The program has a backup folder so i'm in safe hands:)

If anything goes wrong?? would going into safe mode (f8) work ?

I couldn't tell you. Whenever I advice about registry stuff it's with a stiff warning. There's too damn much stuff in there and I really don't understand enough go give a definitive yes or no. My guess is you'll be ok to whack the whole shootin' match, I would. But see ^^^ lol, i covered my hiney. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back