Creative RW8432E CD-RW problems..

C

Canibus

hey i have a Creative RW8432E, and it is 8x4x32 and i can read/write 4x-10x CD-RW.. which is gay. but i dont understand.
www.creative.com dont have XP drivers or 2k drivers.. any1 in the same boat ?

So I guess it's just not the support for sound cards it's all their products- they have real sh1tty support in the drivers department!

I just checked on www.creative.com and they don't even have a 8432E listed- all thats listed is a 8432 and drivers for the 2000/XP systems aren't available- if you try earlier drivers it wouldn't function properly correct?

well what is wrong with the drive now? I don't know about you guys but for most of my cd and dvd drives i've NEVER had to install a driver...in fact in XP the only drivers I ever installed were for my USB compact flash reader, my USB radio and my SB audigy, everything else it found perfect

so what is wrong with the cd drive, will it not read at all?

Well here is my problem. i can't burn on a CD-RW.. i dont know why says cant support media?? its a 8x4x32.. it supports cd-rw i used cd-rw a while back but not now?..

i think i found out my problem tho.. (which i never knew b4)
not sure.. but i think this is why :
There are 2 different types of CD-RW, Tere is CD-RW and CD-RW High Speed. (i bought the high speed) so i'm guessing thats my problem.. but i'm not sure??? is there really 2 different types of CD-RW ?

Cire : yeah it wont allow me to install drivers for win 95/98/me on xp

dont kno..

I want Halo!- is there a target release yet for the PC?

yo Q: please check out my new thread under, "Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer "Software/Hardware Setup" thnx

Canibus: This is new ground for me I think I'm gonna write web pages for a future instead of Pc Admin? Which do you think I'd be better in?

not sure, see which one works out better for u. good luck

ther eis no real diff between regular RW and high speed, highspeed is just certified that it won't mess up because your burner is too fast for it it should work fine low speed too

hmm if only your RW isn't working but normal burning is fine it sounds like a problem involving packet writing, have you tried to use a diff packet writer like direct cd or Incd and not just the built into windows one?

I tried Nero, wont write, it says Not supported media. i tried Direct CD and Discjuggler, Direct CD says illegal command ... CD is not writeable.
i tried different cds, with in 2 brands.. i dunno drivin me nuts

I don't own Halo but I'd like to get owned and own a couple gamers out their myself! hehe :D

trooper :: yes i can read cd-rwsm, but i dunno why i cant burn these....

cire :: hehehehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back