Creative digital vcr card causes xp pro to hang on shutdown

S

sjp777

Just got the card last week. It works great, but now xp pro sp1 will not complete shutdown or restart without the power button being held down or the reset button hit. It gets to "windows is shutting down" and will sit there all day.

As usual, creative support is useless.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. If I leave the card in and just uninstall the software the prob goes away. The minute I reinstall the software prob comes back.

Anybody with this card have this prob?

Had the same problem, here's how I fixed it.

XP is a pain in the ass with its IRQ sharing and that was what was causing a conflict with the DVCR card. What I did was disable my LPT1 printer port in the BIOS and that freed up an extra IRQ which the Creative card happily took and now everything shuts down nicely.

If you want any more information about this card please stop by www.x-epg.net - there's a whole forum available there with lots of people who have this card. Plus there's information on extracting your video files for VCD's and SVCD's and information on EPG's available for the card.

Good luck!

Originally posted by mark20
Had the same problem, here's how I fixed it.

XP is a pain in the ass with its IRQ sharing and that was what was causing a conflict with the DVCR card. What I did was disable my LPT1 printer port in the BIOS and that freed up an extra IRQ which the Creative card happily took and now everything shuts down nicely.

If you want any more information about this card please stop by www.x-epg.net - there's a whole forum available there with lots of people who have this card. Plus there's information on extracting your video files for VCD's and SVCD's and information on EPG's available for the card.

Good luck!

Tried your suggestion, no luck.

I am convinced it is not a hardware conflict. I have no problem with the card and its driver installed. XP will shut down or restart no problem. It is the minute I install the software that the hangs begin.

Thanks for the suggestion, and the link. I'll go piss and moan there about it.

I am having the same problem, if you see any solution to it, please contact me.

I do not own that card, but have hangs on reboot or shutdown. And sometimes, the system actually reboots well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back