• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Creating/Installing from USB device

ming

OSNN Advanced
Hi all,

Whenever a new OS is released in beta/RTM, I've always had to burn an image file onto a DVD before installing the software on to a test machine. I don't have much of a problem continuing this way except that the two PCs that I usually download the beta software with either only has a cd writer or it doesn't have a media drive at all.

Want I'd like to do is to put the image file on to a USB device and have the new OS to install off of the USB device, but I have no idea how to put the installation files on to an External HDD/USB flash drive and have them bootable.

It'd also help if I can put the recovery DVD for my Asus eee box on to a USB device as this is the machine I don't have a media drive.

Can anyone help me on this please?

ming

OSNN Advanced
Thanks tdinc for the links.

Would I be able to put multiple OSes on to one USB HDD and be able to select them when I boot from USB?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy