Create your iPhone ringtones for free using iTunes

Sazar

Rest In Peace
http://www.tuaw.com/2008/10/06/creating-a-ringtone-using-only-itunes/

I’ll sum up what this guy is talking about.

First before doing anything else, create a folder called “Ringtones” or whatever you want to. Also, when in a folder, go to Tools > Options > View and ensure that HIDE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES is NOT checked. You need to be able to see extensions. If you are using Vista, press Alt to display menu in a folder.

Now, fire up iTunes and select a song.

Right-click and select “File Info” for the song. Go to the Options Tab and select the start time and stop time on the song (checking the dialog boxes) for the clip of the song you would like to use as a Ring-Tone. Click ok to save.

Once you have done this, right click on the Song and select the CONVERT TO AAC option. You can also do this from the menu. Once you have converted, you will have 2 versions of the song. The original and the duplicate. I advise now going back to the original song and REMOVING the start/stop portion.

Take the duplicated song and drag it into the Ringtone folder you created previously. Press F2 to edit the extension and change it from .m4a to .m4r.

Before doing anything else, in iTunes, delete the AAC file you created. Once you have done this, take the new .m4r file from your Ringtone folder and drop it back into iTunes. It will automatically show up as a Ringtone.

Sync your phone and you are all set :D

NOTE:

Not all songs will convert correctly. I tried 15 songs last night, 2 did not play back correctly. Your mileage may vary :D

Cheers

This uses songs you already have and doesn't require an external website :D

You don't even have to have the songs purchased from iTunes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back