Create Installer question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi guys,

I saved all the MS Xp self-extracting patches into a folder. Now I would like to create a doubleclick selfinstaller with all these patches. What could I use to create this?

I tried a trial version of Create Installer and it only pretty much compresses the files together, but they will not install from there.

Heeter

IExpress
You already have the tool (included in Windows). IExpress' wizard will step you through the process. To use IExpress, open the Run box and type, "iexpress.exe".

Wow, didn't even know.

Thanks I will try it.

Heeter

Hi coathanger,

After creating the install package, I tested it. It only installed the first patch, not the others in the package. Is there someway I can modify this?

Thanks,

Heeter

I made a 29 MB installer with the security updates built in ;)

Are you using all the right switches for the various patch types? There are three different file types that all use different switches.

Download Here

Thanks for the download link.:)

HandyBuddy: How do you get an invisible link in your postings?

File scanned with Norton Anti-virus, TDS-3, SpyCop, Ad-aware, Pest Patrol and SpyBot Search and Destroy and checks-out "A" Okay!:) ;)

No problem! Also, if you open my installer with Winrar, you can check out the batch file in it to see all the correct switches for when you make your own installations.

Great work, HandyBuddy.

I would like to be able to create one of my own installers like that.

Which program did you use? I really like that opening window that you used. I could easily see myself using it for other progs as well.

Heeter

It's a feature built into Winrar--"SFX Archive". It's really easy to use (for script dummies like me!) :) I've used Wise for Windows Installer and it's a tremendous pain, but it has waaaay more options.

Clickteam install maker is another one - freeware...at least it used to be;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back