crc failed

M

MGee

I have the same problem with my windows xp home edition,
any files that are .zip, .rar and I try to extract them about %50 of them come back with a crc failed error message

I had these burned on a cd and tryed them in windows 98, and windows ME - they work perfectly fine with winzip and winrar.

Windows XP is causing these extracted files to come up as corrupted and halts the extraction process. This is happining alot with downloaded compressed files as well. Somebody please help solve this as this is strictly a Windows xp problem, not a dirty, or corrupt cd.

*same problem as dokkktor, no fix?*

Tried Winace

Winace gives the same crc failed errors when trying to decompress the files.

Sounds like XP not reading from the CD drive correctly if only XP does it, and multiple ZIP managers give the same results. Dunno how to fix it though, other than maybe try upfating the drivers or something :)

Finalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Note to all: Finally Solved Problem

My problem started when I upgraded to windows XP from ME. I had been using Roxio EZcd creater 5. After xp, nothing would work because I had not closed off my cd completely so I could write more info to it using direct cd.

Therefore as my new xp was reading the cd with no direct cd installed it was seeing my disk as being not complete and missing information. The only problem to this is that my ezcd was packed on a disk.

Solution: I have an HP cd-writer 9100 , went to website and download, install their version of direct cd called DL.

This enabled my cd to be recognized as not full and also to be rewritten. As soon as i did this NO MORE CRC FAILED ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this helps the others.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back